The Train Ride - Chapter 2

(A.N. Hey guys! I've come back with another chapter. This one's gonna be waaay longer than the first one I promise. This one is when you finally meet the boys! Hope you like it. Bye! )

Y/N's P.O.V

After I got all my school supplies and robes by owl from the wizard, I simply waited for September 1st to go to Platform 9 3/4 to get on the Hogwarts express.

When September 1st came and I had to go to King's Cross Station, I packed all my new things and left with my parents. Once I reached there I aimlessly stood between platforms 9 and 10 and waited. I thought something magical would happen but when it didn't I started to panic and asked the conductor.

"Excuse me sir. Do you know how to get to platform 9 3/4?" 

"Is this some kind of joke? About 10 kids have asked me that already! See that there" he pointed towards the platforms "That's 9 and 10. There is no 9 3/4!"

I gave up and sat down on one of the benches. I dug my face into my palms until I suddenly noticed a boy with black hair and round glasses who was carrying an owl and all the same things as me so I decided to approach him.

"Umm... Excuse me do you know how to get to platform 9 3/4?" I asked carefully

"Oh! You must be going to Hogwarts too!" the boy said enthusiastically as he smiled.

I was relieved that I had not made a fool of myself again and smiled at the boy. "Yes. I'm going to Hogwarts too. My parents are non-magical so I don't know how to get in."

"They're called muggles here" What a peculiar name. 'Muggles' how fun. Why don't they just call them non-magical? "and it's alright." James continued. "So what you have to do is pass through that wall." he pointed to the wall between platforms 9 and 10. 

I stepped back and hesitated.

"If you're scared you can always run." he smiled reassuringly.

I took a deep breath, grabbed my trolley and ran as fast as I could into the barrier. I retracted a little waiting for the impact, but it never came.

 I opened my eyes and my jaw-dropped as I looked around. I saw families saying goodbyes to each-other and cats of every color walking around but what stunned me most was the beautiful scarlet steam engine in the middle.

At the front it said "Hogwarts Express" in golden letters. I was taking everything in until I was suddenly startled by the boy I had met before.

"It's beautiful isn't it." he sighed.

I jumped and then lightly hit the back of his head. "Don't scare me like that!" I exclaimed.

"Ow! Okay jeez!" he frowned "I'm James Potter by the way." he said extending his hand.

"I'm Y/N L/N" we shook hands and went inside the train.

I searched for an empty compartment but eventually became tired and decided to sit with James.

"Hey James." I groaned.

"Hey Y/N! Are you okay?" he asked concerned.

"Yeah I'm okay, just tired...." well, that wasn't the entire truth. I was tired, but the full moon was also coming up soon and it wasn't exactly pleasant.

I and James talked for a while and got to know each other better. I found out that James was pureblood, very rich and a Quidditch player.

"What's Quidditch?" I asked quite baffled.

James looked as though he was going to faint, but then remembered that I was a muggle-born and went into extensive detail on what Quidditch is while I listened intently.