Making Hogwarts History - Chapter 56

This was it. The last part of the humongous castle of Hogwarts the Marauders had left to map. A still slightly limping Y/N was in charge of the hardest part to predict, the Room of Requirement.

"Are you sure you're okay doing this alone N/N?" asked Remus instinctively taking a step towards her.

"I'll be fine boys. I've already skived off enough of this work because of bed rest." said Y/N reassuringly. It was true. Pomfrey had put her on bed rest as much as she could until Y/N had to stop herself from pushing away the caring woman.

"But you still look...less than capable." he said indicating towards her overall injured figure.

"I'll be okay." she laughed. "Sure that night was...a bit much but I'm fine now aren't I? No need to feel guilty love. It wasn't your fault." Y/N said reading Remus' thoughts as she pecked him on the cheek before going back to preparation for the spell.

"If you say so." said James with slight doubt in his voice.

"I just hope Snivellus doesn't open his big mouth again." Peter said paranoidly.

Y/N and Remus then sent simultaneous glares towards the sheepish black-haired boy at the back of the group who had yet only been forgiven for his actions by Peter and half-convinced by James.

Y/N heaved a deep sigh through her mouth. "Coming back to the spell." she said consulting her spell book and all the modified notes the Marauders had worked on for the past months.

They all cast a collective Silencio charm on the corridor so as to prevent some adventurous student or grumpy teacher knocking about the halls at 3 a.m.. They didn't have to worry about Filch for at least another 30 minutes because of some well thought out timing.

She carefully twisted and waved her wand, concentrating on her arduous movements all the while muttering some mixed incantations. Everyone waited on their toes for Y/N to finish this spell as they had no clue on how this would go. They had to come up with seperate spells for the Room of Requirement because of the complex magic it already held.

She chanted and waved, over and over for 10 minutes until a blinding white light came from the secret doorway and a glowing sign said 'Mapped' before fading as quickly as it appeared.

"Does that always happen?" whispered a still thunderstruck Y/N.

The other four shook their heads in wide-eyed surprise.

"We should probably leave now." squeaked James after a few more minutes of shocked silence.

"Good idea." muttered Sirius quickly before they all scrambled to leave, again stalling to fit under the Invisibility cloak.

They all carefully tiptoed through the hallways, making the most use of their newly finished map in avoiding obstacles until they reached their common-room. Y/N whispered the password and they all rushed to their dorms.

As soon as they closed the door, they all gave each other sly looks and burst out laughing, releasing all their nervous energy into the pleasant feeling.

"We need to celebrate!" announced Sirius standing up and raising his fists.

"Maybe we can sneak into the kitchens and borrow some firewhisky." winked James.

"How are you people not tired?" Y/N yawned leaning onto Remus' shoulder.

"Come on N/N! Tonight is a big night for us! You can't fall asleep now!" said Sirius shaking Y/N's shoulders as Peter agreed.

Remus swatted Sirius' hands away and glared. "If she wants to sleep let her. Maybe we can go ourselves." he winked as the others caught on. 

As stubborn as Y/N was, she hated missing out on anything her friends did without her. Remus placed her down and they all picked up their wands, the invisibility cloak and the Marauders Map once again to leave.

Y/N opened an eye from her faux slumber and groaned as she saw her friends leaving and knew exactly what their plan was. Still, she folded as their plan worked and followed them to the kitchen pulling the invisibility cloak to fit her as well.

"What happened to your sleep Y/N?" asked Remus innocently.

She hit him in the back of the head but laughed to herself after a moment.

They ventured through the hallways, making the most use out of their map and towards the kitchens.

When they finally reached inside, they were kindly greeted by weary but cheerful house elves.

"Hello Twixy." said James bending down to meet his favourite kitchen-elf's face. "You wouldn't happen to have some Butterbeer or Firewhisky laying around?"

"Oh we do. Twixy kept some in the fridge. Follow Twixy Master Potter and friends." she said leading them to a short cabinet.

"Thanks Twixy." Y/N smiled before all of them stuffed the bag Peter brought to the brim with drinks and even a few sweets.

They shuffled out of the kitchens and ran back to the dorms. They opened their bottles and celebrated.

*****

For half an hour, Lily Evans' slumber had been disturbed by raucous laughter coming from the next door boys dorms.

She looked to her left to see Marlene wide-eyed and frustrated.

"Can't sleep?" Marlene asked looking for only the red-head's reply but got a very tired chorus of replies from all three other girls in the room.

"Do you want to go see what's going on down there?" yawned Dorcas looking to go back to sleep soon.

"Let's go bust those noisy wankers. C'mon Y/N." Mary said tumbling the pillows in Y/N's place.

"Let me guess..." said Lily rolling her eyes.

The drained girls walked to the room and opened it exposing their sensitive eardrums to extremely loud, drunken laughter. They quickly closed the door to not wake more complaining students.

"Come on guys! I know we're seventeen now but drinking Firewhisky at 4 a.m.?!" Lily asked incredulously as Mary discreetly picked up a bottle.

"Sorry Lily. I lobe you. I libe you? I lube you." slurred James.

"I thought you loved me Prongs!" exclaimed Sirius before rolling off the bed causing more laughter from the intoxicated five.

"Come on." said Lily picking up James by the arm. "Let's get all of you to bed. Any help ladies?"

"Sure. Let's go." said Marlene. "Also we might need to take Mary too." she said pointing to the sleeping girl.

Lily and Dorcas rolled their eyes as they pushed up Peter to his bed.

Marlene and Mary helped up Sirius and they all helped up the tall heap of an already sleeping Remus.

Marlene and Lily then each took an arm of Y/N and took her to their dorms. She set her down as she continued snoring and they all rewarded themselves with a long sleep.