Nicknames - Chapter 39

Y/N's P.O.V

It had been more than a month after the breakup. I had pretty much recovered but I still missed being with Remus. Though we were still friends and hang out like we used to...it wasn't the same.

It was February now and the O.W.L's were barely a month away. Every fifth year and seventh year was drowning themselves in studies and books. The fifth year's work was surprisingly, noticeably less. The seventh years had the advantage as they had already done their O.W.L's

The boys were practicing spells in the dorms and me and Remus were slaving on books in the library. I have to say it's a bit uncomfortable still hanging out with your ex-boyfriend, but we agreed to just be friends so I guess it wasn't too bad.

I was exhausted and my brain was screaming for a break. 

"Remus!" I groaned. "I'm so tired." I said pulling the skin under my eyes that had recently formed dark circles due to the lack of sleep.

He exhaled through his mouth spreading his scarred lips that I missed so much. What?! No! You're over him! Pull yourself together!

"Yeah, I guess I'm sick of reading Quartus Annus Carmina for the millionth time too." he said giving me a smile. "Want to go see the boys?" he offered.

"Sure." I shrugged as we headed over to the Gryffindor dorms.

We opened the door to see the boys looking dry as ever constantly checking and rechecking their books before boredly reciting a spell for what looked like the hundredth time.

"Oh! Y/N, Remus! Are you done, because we have a brilliant idea?!" Peter said jumping his dwarfish body up and down excitedly.

"What did your genius minds come with this time my lords?" I said teasingly as I gave them a playful bow and wave of hand. Remus chuckled at my actions as I shot him my toothy smile. I missed that laugh...

"Hilarious." Sirius said rolling his stormy eyes. 

"It actually is good. We swear." James said sincerely. For some reason not hearing the cocky tone or phrases come out of James was very uncomfortable for me. Now I know how Lily felt...

"Spit it out then." Remus said impatiently.

"We thought we would come up with nicknames for all our Animagus forms and you two!" Peter burst out unable to control his excitement any longer.

"Peter! We were supposed to say it together!" James scolded.

"S-sorry." The mousy boy muttered.

"Really? That's the genius idea?..." I said sarcastically.

"Look who's the princess now. Ow!" Sirius and was shortly after, elbowed in the ribs by Remus.

"Come on Y/N! It wouldn't hurt! And it could seal our legacy here at Hogwarts!" James said now sounding more like his old self.

"Okay fine. What about you Rem?" I asked looking for his opinion.

"Sounds like fun." he shrugged.

"Great! So we already came up with a name for Remus and you N/N." Peter said.

"Really? What are they?" I asked intrigued.

"We thought Remus could be Moony, for obvious reasons, and you could be Fang! Because your fangs are...huge." James said flinching in the last part.

"I like it." I said after a thoughtful moment. "What do you think about yours Moony?" I teased.

"I...kind of like it." he admitted.