Chapter 8: The Real and Virtual Battlefields

Right now, Davis Motomiya is sitting down and organizing his cards including a group of Synchro Monsters including Stardust Dragon (2500/2000), Shooting Star Dragon (3300/2500), Red Dragon Archfiend (3000/2500), Ancient Fairy Dragon (2100/3000), Black Rose Dragon (2400/2000), Black-Winged Dragon (2800/1600), Power Tool Dragon (2300/2500), and Life Stream Dragon (2900/2400), but there is another blank Synchro Monster card with Red Dragon Archfiend.

Davis thinks in his mind, "These are the most awesome cards that I ever had, but I didn't know how awesome until the day that I got them. Just after I won the tournament and won these cards, the Crimson Dragon came to me and I learned about it as well as its connection to Yusei and his friends. I learned about the Signers and then the big dude lead me to a stone tablet which had Shooting Star Dragon in it. I had a clue about all this, but the big dude is telling me to stop her... Stop Sailor Moon before she goes into the dark completely."

Veemon is with Davis and he asks, "What are you thinking about?"

Davis responds, "How much of a pain in the ass is going to be to fight Sailor Moon, Veemon."

Veemon asks Davis, "Do you really have to fight her?"

Davis responds, "I have to buddy. That card... Ancient Pixie, I can tell you are making sure that she is a few cards short of a deck buddy."

Veemon says, with a smile, "Well, if those awesome cards that you used against that Sayer jerk, you can do it."

Davis responds, "Shooting Star is really cool, buddy!"

Just then a familiar female voice says, "No kidding, Davis." Davis and Veemon then look to see Kari and Gatomon coming over.

Davis asks Kari, "Hey, Kari, what's up?"

Kari responds, "What's up? Can't a girl check up on her boyfriend after an intense duel with a power mad Psychic Duelist?"

Davis says, with a smile, "I don't see why not."

Kari sits down by Davis and Kari says, "I didn't know that you won the same Synchro Monsters that Team Five-Ds used in their duels."

Davis says, "Yep. From what I know, they were kept in a secret vault or something and they were 'back-up cards' for the ones that they had. They had been recently found them and for some reason, they decided to give them as a prize in a big tournament."

Kari tells Davis, "Tai told me about it. It happened shortly after most of us got back from 'over there'."

Davis says, with a smile, "Yeah, I need to have a bit of fun after all of the madness that we are experiencing."

Kari asks, curiously, "Dai-kun, is that when that whole business with that dragon started?"

Davis says, with a nod, "After I won the tournament, the Crimson Dragon appeared, showed me the what and what with it, and led me to the tablet with this guy." Davis displays his Shooting Star Dragon (3300/2500) Synchro Monster card.

Gatomon asks, "A tablet with that dragon inside?"

Veemon says, with a nod, "Yep, but it was blank until Davis performed Accel Synchro Summon for the first time in his duel with Sayer."

Gatomon asks, "Wait! That was the first time using the card?"

Davis says, "Yep. I got Formula Synchron at the same time with Shooting Star, but I didn't use them until now. Actually, I never brought out Shooting Star until now. They showed me how Yusei-san did it, but I only practiced it a bit. Accel Synchro Summoning is not really easy. You can't have any doubts or fears clouding you or you can't do it."