Chapter 40 / Epilogue: A New Era Forming

(15 years since Kaguya's defeat)

Over a decade since the final defeat of Kaguya Otsutsuki, we, once more, return to the planet of Gaea where we head to the area where the Hidden Leaf Village is... Well, you wouldn't call it a village anymore. Since right now, the area of the Leaf is now a tremendous modern/futuristic city the size of Tokyo and rivals all of the largest cities on planet Earth itself with skyscrapers reaching as high as tallest towers in the world, but bushes, trees, and other 'elements' of nature is so integrated with the city itself that you can easily mistake that trees are growing from the sides of buildings. In the streets of this metropolis, there are well-paved roads filled with cars and other vehicles, but they aren't giving off environment damaging emissions. There are people walking on paved sidewalks in which they are holding modern/futuristic cells phones/smart phones, tablets, and other modern/futuristic devices. The buildings also mainly connected through special 'tubes' or the rooftops are connected by pathways in which there are signs and such that say 'Ninja Use Only'.

However, there are signs on this place being the Leaf Village despite being radically changed so much with the first one being Hokage Monument Mountain where the faces of the Hokages are craved into the sides of the mountain in which there are two more additions into it. The first is none other than Kakashi Hatake, the Rokudaime Hokage, who had become Hokage after Naruto's and Sailor Sun's final battle with Sasuke Uchiha and the second, despite there are changes to his hairstyle, but his whiskers remain the same, is none other than Naruto Uzumaki Namikaze himself, through these days, he is going by the name of Naruto Uzumaki Namikaze Otsutsuki, since the spirits of Hagoromo and Hamura, have named him the heir of the Otsutsuki clan as well, due to an 'incident' that happened sometime after the final defeat of Kaguya that left the society of the planet Gaea devastated forcing Naruto and others to take the roles of leadership, but that's a story for another day.

Right now, we are heading for the Hokage Tower, which is now a grand 'palace' that similar to the White House in Washington DC with the original Hokage Tower as part of it. Inside of a large grand office with a rug that looks like the Planet Earth with a red whirlpool, the insignia of the Leaf, three crescent moon sigils, golden, black, and blue, assembled together, and a sideways crescent moon in front of an orb, various other 'decorations', and a large wooden desk in which in front of that wooden desk is none other than Naruto, himself, in which he has cut his hair into a well-combined and less spiky and while he is in his mid-thirties, he doesn't look a day over his twenties. Right now, Naruto is working on a laptop computer with his Shadow Clones working on various tablets, files, and books.

One of them says, "Man! What did we do without laptops and IPad? Dad and the other Hokage would have loved all these."

The original Naruto says, with a nod, "It is a good thing that Ami-chan gave us extensive lessons on how to use computers."

Another clone says, with a nod, "No kidding, boss. With all of us, stuff that would take weeks for the previous Hokage including dad and Tsunade-Kaa-san, it only takes us minutes to hours!"

The original Naruto says, with a grin, "I wouldn't say that, but yeah, life is so much easier thanks to all of the tech from Earth especially communication. It will just take seconds what took hours to days with messenger birds thanks to our world's new World Wide Web and satellites.

Just then a male voice shouts out, "Hey, dad!" Naruto then looks to see a boy that looks like a 14-15 year old version of himself wearing similar clothing to him nearly slam into him.

Naruto yells out, "Boruto!" Soon after, Shikamaru, age 34-35, but looking no older than his twenties and looking a lot like his father, Shikaku, and Shizune, around 47 years of age, but looking like in her thirties still, enter the room with a 14-15 year old teen girl with long flowing pink hair, blue eyes, and whisker marks coming out of her cheeks and wearing a pink version of Sakura's outfit comes into the room.