Chapter 24: Requiem for a Sailor Soldier

Inside of the North Pole and ruined former Negaverse base, a completely healed Kaguya is inside and she unleashing a surge of power that shakes the whole area down to the foundation.

Kaguya says, with a sneer, "She will pay for her betrayal!" Kaguya then creates an image of the Shinju and she says, "Shinju. You are a part of me and I won't have a part of me defy me. You managed to split yourself, but you have failed to hide your fruit from me. I am restored, but I have yet to be whole." Kaguya puts her hand on her forehead and she says, "The power of my Rinne Sharingan is incomplete and you made sure that I need you in order to regain its full power. And you split yourself off in order to make sure that I can't find you, but I will find you and you will be back where you belong... as a part of me. And then Queen Serenity, her daughter, Asura, Indra, and her..." Kaguya remembers her battle with Valkyrie Sailor Sun and Kaguya says, with a sneer, "Sakuya will pay!"

(Over Odiaba; Later on)

On the back of Imperialdramon, the Digidestined and their Digimon partners, minus Veemon and Wormmon, the Sailor Scouts, Kazuto, Asuna, Rika, Keiko, and Suguha are flying over the district of Odiaba and seeing the 'burn mark' in the shape of the spider from the Nazca Lines.

Sora says, "This is just terrible."

Ken says, "I know, Sora."

Sakura says, "This is why my Gogglehead brother wanted us to stay away. We don't have the protection of the Crimson Dragon like you guys do."

Kazuto says, looking at his Mark of the Dragon, "This thing created a force-field that protected you."

Kari says, with a nod, "That's right, Kirito. The power of the Crimson Dragon protects its Signers if they are within the 'shadow field' of a Shadow Duel to protect him from getting 'absorbed' by an Earthbound Immortal."

Hawkmon says, "But it seems like others aren't so lucky."

Cody says, "The whole city is in chaos. With the attacks from the rogue and Dark Digidestined, the youma attacks in Juuban, and everything else, much of the city has gone to a stop."

Rika says, "No kidding. With what that witch chick did in our area, they cancelled school."

Mimi says, "I can't believe that TK would be a part of this."

Matt says, "That's not TK! At least, not the TK that we know!" Everyone looks at Matt, he says, "It may be TK in that undead body, but not in mind and spirit. The TK that we knew died over a year ago during our fight to save everyone trapped in SAO. This TK is a version twisted by the Earthbound Immortals by TK's darkest emotions and turning him into a fiend and their pawn."

Tai tells Davis, going over to him, "One that you need to defeat Davis."

Davis says, with a nod, "Right, Tai."

Tai then grabs Davis by the collar and he says, forcing Davis to look him in the eye, "No, Davis! You need to listen and listen well! Kari told me everything and I've got to yell this in your head! TK made the choice to give his life so that others might live! If it was anyone of us that was targeted by that monster that day, he would have still jumped in to save our lives at the cost of his own! You didn't kill TK that day, Davis! TK's murderer was none other than Akihiko Kayaba, a mad genocidal son of a bitch that trapped people in a living nightmare for two years and when he was beaten, he took the coward's way out instead of accepting responsibility for his actions! If you don't let go of this guilt, the twisted version of TK will beat you and you will have let the real TK's sacrifice be in vein, Davis! Is that what you want?"

Davis says, plainly, "No, I don't."

Tai tells Davis, "We have to remember and accept this fact, Davis: The instant that we were chosen to be Digidestined, the specter of death is always at our throats!"