Chapter 18: A Tree and a Memory

Within a high-tech lab, Ryu is inserting a flash drive into a laptop computer in which Davis sits down and starts to type on with Izzy, Ken, Yolei, Cody, Sailor Mercury, and Sailor Pluto standing by in case that he needs something and Davis' hands are like blurs as he types on the computer.

Yolei says, amazed, "I'm seeing and I still can't believe it."

Matt says, "That's what Davis wanted in the past, Yolei. He didn't want you to believe that some a 'sports jock' like him could be such a computer expert."

Tai says, "He doesn't like the word 'genius'. He feels that he is just an ordinary guy with an extraordinary talent."

Veemon says, with a smile, "An awesome talent!"

Davis whistles and Sailor Uranus asks, "What's up?"

Davis says, "This has got to be Kayaba's handy work. These files have got firewalls within firewalls. This is close to hacking his SAO server." Davis says, with a smirk, "However, it is also close to the SAO server." Davis then pushes an enter button on the computer and on a huge screen, the face of Akihiko Kayaba appears on a huge screen in the room.

Sailor Neptune asks, "Is that it?"

Davis says, with a nod, "Yep."

Kayaba's face on the screen says, with a smile, "If you are listening to this message, then you have broken the lock that I have put on this message. I'm not sure if it is Sailor Mercury or someone with her intelligence, but it would have to be someone of her intelligence or someone with excellent computer skills to break this."

Sailor Mercury says, "He made it that someone as smart as I am or someone with excellent skills in computing can only break open the file."

Kayaba's face on the screen then says, "I know that most likely, you are reading this message since it is meant for you, my dear Serena, and I'm not sure if you remember me. After what you have gone through over two years, I wouldn't be surprised that you would be suffering from amnesia. You already know this by now, since my name has become infamous, however, my name is Akihiko Kayaba and your mother, Ikuko, is my sister making you my niece."

There are multiple gasps and Yolei says, stunned, "No way!" Sailor Moon, Naruto, still in his Six Path Astral Sage Mode, and Sailor Star are looking on with more wide eyes in which a picture of a younger Serena, elementary school level, and Ikuko are together with Kayaba himself is then seen.

Kayaba's face then returns to the screen and he says, "By now, the government has destroyed or sealed away any evidence of my bloodline with your mother to protect my sister and her family from any retribution from the people that might survive the horror that I'm about to commit and their family and friends. I will plant more than enough evidence to them to make sure that they know my sister and her family has absolutely no knowledge of what I'm about to do."

Crow asks, "What he is about to do?"

Jack says, "This was taken before the SAO incident."

Ryu says, with a nod, "That's right, Jack."

The recording of Kayaba then says, "In fact, most likely, I may bring on the rage and fury of my sister at my betrayal and yours as well since you, Serena, while not knowing anything of my plans, helped me create Sword Art Online." There are plenty of wide-eyes at that and the recording says, continuing, "When you were younger, you dreamed of a castle floating in the sky like I did and you dreamed of knights, paladins, princes, and princesses. You think that it would be like any young girl, but you dreamed much bigger and you wanted to share this world with everyone to let them live an adventure as well as dreaming of ultimate worlds especially when I shared an early experience of the Full-Dive with you."