Baby

Amelia's POV

Wednesday morning
Last night when I got home I immediately walked up to Levi's room crying and of course being the good brother he is he was concerned. He instantly started making jokes, trying to make me laugh so I could feel better.

After I calmed down a bit Levi asked what happened. I told him everything, by everything I mean how I was feeling sick for a while, went to the school nurse, then found out I was pregnant. I explained how I told Tom I was pregnant and we ended up fighting.

He felt extremely bad about the whole situation and got a bit emotional with me. Aside from that Levi is really excited to become an uncle. He even spoke to my belly, I know he understands that the baby can't even comprehend his words but I didn't wanna ruin the moment.

It was so cute that I started crying again. He held me in his arms as I cried myself to sleep.

I didn't want to cause a big issue at school with our friends so I didn't say anything when Paris waved me and Levi over to sit with them at lunch.

It was awkward. Levi was on my left, Paris on my right. Tom was across for me, Wyatt on his left and Harrison on his right.

"Why aren't you guys sitting next to each other?" Wyatt asked.

I shrugged, keeping my eyes glued to my untouched plate of food. I continued to pick at my food with my flimsy plastic fork.

Levi leaned closer to me, whispering in my ear, "Maybe you should just tell them?"

My eyes welled up, "Wyatt can you just be quiet, please? I don't wanna be near him, we broke up. It's none of your business or anyone else's so just stop."

I pushed my uneaten food away and stood up angrily, grabbing my things I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand, "Levi let's go."

He looked at me with sad eyes, "Hello I said let's go." He silently pleaded for me to stop causing a scene.

I scoffed, "You can stay then." I turned around and walked out of the cafeteria.

I wasn't leaving just to be dramatic, I had to go anyways. I'm going to my first ultrasound today. I'm not even two months yet so I don't expect to see much. I guess they're going to check the heartbeat and whatnot.

Thirty minutes later...

"Are we waiting on anybody else?"

"No ma'am just me." The doctor gave me a sad smile and led me into a well-lit room.

"My name is Penelope." She smiled, "You can just go ahead and lay down over there for me Ms.Stewart."

I stayed quiet as I walked over and laid on the bed next to the large monitor. Penelope came over and sat down in her chair next to me.

"Lift your shirt up a bit for me darling." She says, not making eye contact as she quickly typed something on her laptop.

I raised my shirt up over my stomach, holding it in place as I waited patiently for her next move.

"This is going to be cold but it's only for a few seconds, you'll get used to it."

Right as I lift my head to look at what Penelope was talking about she applied a cold gel to my stomach.

She held a weird-looking white device that was connected to the large computer screen with a cord. She turned the monitor so I could get a better look.

The device in her hand slowly slid back and forth over my stomach. I heard a very faint pumping sound, is that the heartbeat? Oh god I wanna cry again.

After a while of silence Penelope spoke, "See this tiny black circle?" She points at the screen.

"Yes why?" Before she could answer I started panicking, "Oh god is that bad?" My eyes widened as I instantly began to worry.

She chuckled, "That's the fetus."

"Oh uh good." I laid my head back down, thank god.

"Disappointed?" She asked, still observing the screen that my unborn child was on.

"Pardon?"

"Are you disappointed that you can't see it that much?"

I shrug, "I knew that I wouldn't see much but that's really tiny. Way smaller than I thought."

"Yea it's about this big." She held up her fingers to show me that it was slightly smaller than an inch.

"Really, really tiny. Your very early on in your pregnancy."

All I could do was nod, what was I supposed to say?

"But you're on the right track to keeping him or her healthy so keep up the good work mom!" She smiled and pat my hand.

I smiled as well, my brain trying to figure out how I'm going to sort out my life. When this baby is born I'm gonna be the best mom that I can be.

Nobody can take this away from me.

(Edited)
Word count: 839