My book

Amelia's POV

Thursday morning
It's raining, great. I don't hate the rain but if I could choose for it not to be raining or always be sunny I would.

Over my hoodie I'm wearing my rain jacket so I wouldn't get wet obviously.
I was already out the house walking to school, with Levi by my side.

We were quiet until we got into the parking lot of the school and Levi's name started getting called. I looked around and noticed it was his friends from the other day.

I nudged his shoulder, "Go ahead."

He looked at me, "Really?" I nodded.

Levi pulled me into a quick hug before running off to his friends. I walked into school alone and made my way to my locker before heading off to my morning classes.

Later that day...

I was at my locker packing my things away, well more so reading. My locker was open and I was so into this book I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings.

That was until someone suddenly decided to slam my locker shut. Before I could look up the book was snatched from my hands.

I looked up in confusion, "Who are you?"

"Bethany."

"Uh alright well why'd you take my book, Bethany?"

"You seem weird." She stated bluntly.

"W-What does that have to do with my book?"

She shrugged holding the book and looking at it in disgust.

"C-Can I have it back?" I asked politely, she shook her head.

"Please give it back Bethany." I reached my hand out to grab the book.

Bethany lifted the book over her head, "Hello give it." I reached on my tippy toes but she wouldn't lower it.

I'm pretty tall, 5'7 to be exact. So this was sorta embarrassing to me. I mean she's taller than me so I don't know what else I can do, I never thought this would happen. Why won't she just give me the damn book?

"Bethany!" She started laughing and held the book behind her. I got frustrated so I opened my locker, grabbed my rain jacket and made my way outside.

Tom's POV

Wyatt and I were walking down the semi-empty hall making our way out to lunch, that was until we noticed Bethany. Ugly hating ass bitch, excuse my language. Not really, I meant that.

She was 'reading' something, more so just flipping through random pages of a book.

"Damn Beth the only thing I've ever seen you read was the Plan b instructions, what's that?" I laughed at Wyatt's comment and Bethany stared at me intensely.

"It's not mine it's that weird new girl. She got so annoyed I took her precious book that she left." She gestured down the hall.

"The new girl?" Wyatt asked immediately.

"Yea I just said that, what about her?"

"Dude give that to me." Wyatt snatched it from her hand.

"Tom come on be my wingman." He grabbed my wrist and dragged me through down the empty hall.

"Where are we even going?"

"Find the new girl and get me a date with her." I rolled my eyes and continued walking beside him.

"This is redonculous."

"What?"

"It's not ridiculous it's redoncu-diculous."

Wyatt lifted his hand to my shoulder, "Tom are you on crack? Dude if you're having problems-"

I slapped his hand away, "Shut the fuck up." He smiled and continued walking happily.

Amelia's POV

I sat at one of the tables that were under a large tree, my legs flat against the bench. I was playing with my hands thinking about what dad would do this time. I took that book from his office and I was gonna put it back before he got home, he wouldn't even have noticed it was gone.

But now he will because I won't have it to put it back. I really hope Levi will be showering or something, I don't want him to see it again.

I zoned out trying to calm down so I could go find Bethany after lunch and get my book back. I don't understand why she did that, it was so out of the blue. I've never even met the girl.

"Amelia!"

Someone was calling my name?

"Hello Amelia!"

Who's calling me?

I looked up and saw Wyatt with another guy far behind him. He ran up to me, I moved my legs off the bench so he could have a seat.

I pulled up my hoodie as he sat in front of me, holding something behind his back.

"Hey!" He said excitedly.

"Hi." I mumbled back, clearly not as excited. He brought his arm forward to reveal what he had, my dad's book. I looked between him and the book until Wyatt pushed it out towards me.

"Take it, it's yours isn't it?" I nodded and took the book.

"Thank you so much." I held the book tight against my chest.

"No problem." He said smiling, I nodded and we stayed silent.

"Well thank you again."

He nodded awkwardly and got up, "Yea sorry I should go have a nice day, see you around."

He smiled one last time before walking off.

Tom's POV

Wyatt has no game, I'm being dead serious. So seeing him try to talk to this girl is hilarious.

Not even a whole five minutes later he was already next to me and we were walking around, "So much for scoring a date, I saw you say like two things to her."

"I didn't know how to ask now stop making fun of me."

"I'm not." He rolled his eyes in disbelief.

"She seems annoying." I blurted out randomly as we were walking.

"You don't know what you're talking about I'll introduce you later or tomorrow."

"Alright sure, sounds good."

School ended a few minutes ago. Wyatt and I were walking around outside looking for his mystery girl and I'm pretty sure I just found her.

"Isn't that her?" I pointed towards who I assume is Wyatt's mystery girl walking with another guy.

"Um yea it is I think I-" He cut himself off with a sigh, "Let's just go." Wyatt walked off and I quickly followed behind him.

Damn it I ruined his mood.

Amelia's POV

"We don't have school tomorrow." Levi said out of nowhere as we were walking home.

"Really?" My brother nodded.

"Oh nice long weekend then, you should hang out with your friends." I suggested looking at him.

He shrugged, "I don't think dad would be happy with that."

"Mom would and if you want I can cover for you?"

"You would do that?" I nod, "Alright then maybe I'll ask to go over one of their houses."

I nodded once again, "That's a great idea Lee."

(Edited)
Word count: 1129