The lake

Amelia's POV

"Let's get started baby." Tom grabbed a pair of chopsticks, picking up a piece of sushi he placed it in his mouth. I on the other hand observed the food silently, "Baby?"

"Mhm?" I look up at him.

"Are you okay Lia?"

"Yea I just uh I-I've never used chopsticks before." Tom gave me a cocky smirk before standing up, walking over to my side of the booth.

"Move over please." I slid over, making room for him. Tom excitedly sat down next to me. He grabbed the chopsticks he had used before, picking up a piece of sushi he brought it up to my mouth.

I assumed he would've just shown me how to use them but clearly we thought differently, "Open up."

I followed his instructions opening my mouth, sticking my tongue out. Tom started laughing, "Lia properly!" I laughed with him until he snorted making us laugh even more.

I felt my face getting hot as my eyes began watering, "O-Oh god I-I can't."

Tom shook his head as he continued laughing, "That had no right being that funny."

I cleared my throat before nodding in agreement, "Alright." I opened my mouth once again, normally this time. Tom fed me the sushi and waited for my response.

Every chew I realized it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, "So? Is it as terrible as you said it was gonna be?"

"Was that the avocado?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Fine, it was pretty good." I said, admitting defeat.

"Which one do you want next?"

"Uh the spider roll please." Tom nods before grabbing and feeding me the next piece. This continued until Tom and I had eaten everything we ordered, occasionally laughing and making fun of each other.

"Damn Tom, I should believe you more often!"

He rolled his eyes, "Yea I know you never listen to me, like ever." I shook my head at his response just as I noticed our server was walking over to us.

"How was everything?" She asked, lacing her fingers together behind her back.

I peeked my head out from behind Tom, "It was all delicious thank you, could we maybe get the bill?"

"Of course, I'll be back!" The waitress and I smiled at each other before she walked away.

I grabbed my bag and placed it in my lap, "What are you doing?" Tom asked instantly.

"Getting money."

"Why?"

"I-I'm gonna pay?" I said hesitantly.

"Why would you think that?"

"Well I didn't think I needed to, you paid last time for my meds and the time your brought flowers with chocolates over so I wanna pay this time."

"Yes I did pay last time and I'll pay this time, next time, the time after that and so on."

I scoffed, "Tom stop it I'm paying."

"Lia stop acting silly."

"I'm not acting silly, you're not paying."

"Yes, I am." Tom reaches into his back pocket, bringing out his wallet. I immediately snatched it out of his hand. Placing it on the table.

"Amelia!"

"I am paying, now stop it."

Tom rolled his eyes for the thousandth time, "Okay fine, at least let me hand her the money."