Chapter Eleven:

“Come on Amelia, get in and stop being boring” Daniel shouted from the idyllic clear sea. I placed my phone down on my tartan patterned beach towel and then stood. "Yay" Skip cheered, noticing me obeying his instructions. I pulled off my white dress and threw that onto my towel also, revealing my well fitted purple bikini.

“Woah, nice bikini” Luke winked and wiggled his eyebrows at me; I shook my head at him and chuckled before wandering deeper towards the rest of the boys who were batting around a rainbow coloured beach ball. 

"Perv" I yelled back at Luke, who I could see staring at my behind out of the corner of my eye. I stepped into the circle the boys had formed and joined in, batting the blow up ball around the formation.

“I feel alone now, cunts” Jai shouted, directing our attention to him. We laughed as we watched him fumble with the disposable barbecue, trying to figure out if it was actually cooking the selection of meats positioned on the top. "I have no idea if this is working" he whined. 

“Sorry, I'll be out in a-” suddenly I was submerged beneath the waves by a pair of strong arms, a mouthful of salty water found its way into my mouth which burned as I swallowed, I rose from the water coughing and spluttering. “Which one of you was that?” I moaned, cringing at the salty taste within my mouth. 

I eyed each of the boys suspiciously, all of them seemed innocently; until I locked eyes with Beau. A cheeky smile erupted across his face and he bit his lip anxiously. "Beau?" I questioned, his eyes darted down the the rippling water that levelled at his waist. “You’re dead" 

“That's not likely” he reached his feet down and touched the wet sandy sea bed, squaring up to me, I swam backwards, feeling intimidated by the closeness of our bodies. "How could a small little girl like you, possibly defeat a Greek god with arms like pythons?"

"I don't know I'd have to meet a guy that fit that description first" Beau looked at me offended. I laughed and splashed a handful of water onto his face.  I jumped and threw myself onto him, taking his body down, he sunk beneath the tide with a rough splash and I held his head down for a few seconds before he popped up, gasping for air.

"Bitch" Beau coughed, spitting some salt water back into the ocean. I winced at his manners and turned my attention back to Jai who was announcing some of the food was ready. Luke, Skip and James bounded out of the lukewarm water and I turned to follow.

“Wait a sec, eager beaver" Beau laughed. I smirked and watched as he wiped the dripping water off his stubbly face. He ran his arms through his hair, flexing his arms as they extended at the back of his head. I felt my knees go numb.

“You leave my eager beaver out of this" I giggled, replying with a line from my favourite musical from back home: We will rock you. Beau smirked but then the smile faded and he waded closer towards me.

"What, what's wrong?" I chuckled, shook off by his sudden seriousness. 

“Nothing" he whispered. "Just don’t speak for a sec, I need to do something” I stared up at him, a confused expression playing on my face. I froze as his hands reached out and one settled on a curve above my hip and the other played at my jawline. His indulging green eyes locked with my own and his lips began descending down to reach mine. 

“Beau, no. Get off me” I instructed him sternly, tensing my body. Confused, he pulled away and I took a few steps back, (the water got significantly shallower as I did). "What are you doing?" I felt tears beginning to prick at my eyes and a lump starting to form in my throat. I turned away from him and began walking through the waves towards the shore. 

“I don't understand, what have I done wrong?” he followed me, trying to get me back into his grasp with a sly smirk spread across his face. "All I did was try to kiss you, I thought that was what wanted?" I stopped dead in my tracks and turned harshly towards him.