Chapter 32:

2 months later

~Amelia’s POV~

“Come on Amelia! You’re doing brilliantly, but push harder, you can do this” Luke shouted encouragingly down my ear. I let out a yelp of pain and did as he said. Luke had been with me through the entire labour and was now with me through the birth and I couldn’t thank him enough. Most 17 year old boys would run at the sight of this, but not Luke. Amie or Gina couldn’t be here because they were working, but I knew they were both on their way. Beau was still no-where to be found. Jai, James and Skip in the waiting room outside and had been for the whole of my labour. Since Beau left, Luke has been my rock, without him I don’t know what I would have done. Every night for a week, he stayed with me in my bed, letting me cry into his chest, he’d kiss my head and tell me everything would be okay and that he would never leave, that he would help me.  

“I can’t Luke, it hurts” I sobbed feeling frustrated. My face was the colour of a tomato from the strain of pushing, and my hair was frizzy and messy from the sweat. Tears dripped down my face as the midwife told me to carry on pushing, but I couldn’t do it. There was no way I could get this baby out of me.

“I bet it does sweetie, but come on, you can do it!” He kissed my head hard and squeezed my hand, the way he had been for the last 14 hours. I looked up at him and he just nodded “Just one more push, come on” he hooked his other arm under my leg and pulled it up the way the nurse was with my other one.

I crunched his free hand in the palm of mine and screamed in agony as I took one final hard push, the pain faded and the screams of a baby took over the labour room in place of mine.

“You did it!” Luke shouted in delight. I panted heavily. I felt comforted as Luke threw his arms around my neck and kissed all around my face, even my lips. I knew it didn’t mean anything; it was just to congratulate me.

“I did it, I’m a mummy!” I shouted back. I was crying from happiness. Luke grabbed both of my hands and kissed them multiple times.

“I am so proud of you” He leant in for another kiss when a nurse walked over to us holding my beautiful baby in her arms.

“It’s a baby boy” She told me chirpily, laying him down on my chest. I looked up at Luke. I had the biggest grin ever plastered on my face. Luke stared into my eyes then down at my son.

“I have a nephew” He giggled giddily. Tears were running down his face, he stroked my hair and kissed my head. “Here let me sort this” he giggled and tugged my bobble from around his wrist. He moved himself to behind the bed and pulled on my long, tangled hair. He tied it in a tight high ponytail which instantly made me feel slightly more refreshed.

“So, what should we name him?” I smiled as Luke returned to my sides. I knew he had ideas about the name, even if he hadn’t told me. I’d overheard him chatting to Gina about baby names and some of the ones he’d thought of were beautiful.

“W-w-what?” I giggled as his smile grew bigger and his eyes shone. “You want me to help decide a name?” I nodded and squeezed his hand.

“So, Luke what do you think, my son needs a name” I giggled as I kissed my perfect baby boys head. He was tiny, he was premature. That’s why I didn’t have much of a bump when I was 6 months pregnant, but he was healthy and that’s all that mattered to me. I smiled down at him. My perfect baby boy, he had olive skin just like his father did and a full head of dark brown hair. My heart melted as he opened his eyes and revealed the same sparking emerald eyes, he was a mini Beau.

I just wished Beau was here to see him.

“I like Noah, Noah-Ethan Lake” Luke smiled and shrugged, I nodded. It was perfect, except for one tiny thing.