Chapter Nine:

Dramatically, I let our a groan as I heard the doorbell ring, I'd literally just got in from work and wanted to have a sit down before I had to go and endure an awkward evening with the Brooks.  “Hey, um can I come in a minute?” My stomach flipped as I saw Beau on the other side of the door.

“If you have to” I sighed, turning around and heading back towards the sofa. I heard the doors quietly close and Beau's feet pad along behind me. He sat down on the opposite couch awkwardly and waited for me to talk. I raised my eyebrows. “What?” 

“I just don’t want things to be awkward between us, we’re like family and that’s how it should always be and with you coming over tonight, you know" he spoke softly despite me still wanting to punch him in the face. 

“You’re right” I spoke coldly, I didn’t want to admit it but he was but I had to put my feelings for him behind me. He didn’t like me back and I had to accept that, he was allowed to go and sleep around without it ever affecting me because we’re weren’t a couple and never would be.

“So, we’re okay?” he smiled happily, I rolled my eyes and scoffed under my breath.

“I guess” I sighed, diverting my attention to the TV ads so I wouldn't have to stare at him, half because I wanted more than anything, and half because his face infuriated me at this moment in time.  

“Um, so you coming over, mum’s expecting you in 10 minutes?” he said, hurriedly changing the subject. I checked the time, I guess I didn't have as much time as I expected.

“Oh okay” I flicked the TV off and followed Beau out my door and over to his still dressed in my work attire..

“Hi cunt” Luke greeted me as I walked into the Brook's household.

“Aw love you too, Lukey-poo” I shouted as I dived on his knee where he was sitting on the sofa. He laughed and kissed the side of my head, wrapping his arms tightly around my body.

“Well that’s going on twitter” He smirked as he snapped an unattractive picture of the two of us, he also instagrammed it. I rolled my eyes "don't worry, I think you look stunning" he winked, I slapped him playfully as he knew fine well I looked like shit.

“One of you boys help me with the shopping will you" Gina's voice echoed through the house, I peered out the window and saw her opening the boot of her car. "Now please" she shouted again, picking up a pile of bags.

“I’ll go” Jai and Luke both shouted in unison, then glared at each other. I watched upon the twins as they both stood and squared up to one another. 

“No I’ll go” Luke said with a slight grown, "I'm her favourite" 

“Oh you bet? Bitch, I’m her favourite” Jai replied hastily before bounding out of the door towards Gina with Luke at his heels. 

“Maybe we should go help” I suggested, standing up, only for Beau to pull me back down and almost onto his lap as I hit the sofa, "what are you doing?" I laughed awkwardly.

“They got it” he laughed with a cheeky smile, I nodded and shifted uncomfortably away from Beau.

Beau’s POV

I couldn’t fight the urge to pull her back down onto the sofa, I wanted to pull her on top of me, I wanted to kiss her and hold her and tell her exactly how I felt. But I couldn’t. I just pulled her down and told her she didn’t need to help, using every part of me to stop me from pressing my lips on hers.

“Chicken salad for tea, hope that's okay! Can't be bothered with anything else” Mum shouted as she passed the living room with a handful of bags followed by Luke and Jai who were still arguing over who was the favourite twin, fucking idiots. .