Chapter Sixteen:

Rubbing my eyes, I turned off my alarm and jumped out of bed. Once again, I'd been avoiding the Brooks' for the past two weeks, it was too awkward to go back over there now Gina knew about Beau and I, I didn't want to have to face him apologizing just because his Mum told him too. However, I wasn't worrying about Beau right now. It was 2am in the morning and I was about to set off to the airport to pick up my best friend Amie. 

I shoved on the clothes that I'd laid out the previous night, pulled my hair up into a ponytail and brushed my teeth before running downstairs, grabbing my car keys off their hook and sprinting out towards my car. I was so excited, I knew I'd definitely gone over the speed limit more than once on my journey to the airport, but I didn't care. I pulled up outside the terminal and ran inside the arrivals area, staring at the information screens before me, Amie's flight was awaiting permission to land. 

I walked over to the Costa coffee stall and ordered a caramel latte, I had to have caffeine to keep me awake for the drive home. I took a seat on one of the stools and eyed the screen, waiting for Amie's flight to read 'landed'. 

 “You're Amelia” A young voice sounded from behind me. It sounded chirpy and innocent. I turned with a smile on my face, before me was a girl around the age of 6, she grinned up at me and pointed to her t-shirt which read 'I love the Janoskians'. I crouched down to her level. 

 “So you like the Janoskians then?” I pointed to her shirt, she laughed and nodded eagerly. "How do you know me?" I laughed sticking my tongue out. 

"You're their fwend" she giggled, I found her pronunciation of the word 'friend' adorable. "Can we have a picture?" she asked, looking up at her mother, I nodded and wrapped my arms around the young girl. "Cheese!" she screamed at the camera. 

"So who's your favourite Janoskian?" I asked as she took a seat next to me, "Or do you love them all the same?" 

"I love Luke, I love Lukey" she sung, I laughed and she grinned at me.

"Well I'm sure Lukey would love you too, you're adorable", my eyes clocked the information screen and I jumped up with excitement as I saw that Amie had landed. "Well it's been lovely talking to you sweetie, but I have to go, my friends airplane has landed now" the little girl clutched me and he mother thanked me before I ran to the luggage collection.

I searched the crowd of people entering the room from customs and then I saw her. She still had the boob-length platinum hair that was almost grey, flawless complexion and figure. She hadn't changed at all. “Amie” I screamed running over to her, I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her tighter than I ever had before. My scream was joined by hers as we bounced about in each other’s arms. Other passengers from the flight walked past us and smiled at our reunion.

 “I’ve missed you so much” she wiped away some of the tears that had fell and hugged me once again, "I don't know how I've coped for so long without you".

"So is there anything in particular you want to do whilst you're over here?" I asked as I grabbed one of her suitcases and dragged it behind me. She grabbed the other and followed me out of the terminal door. “And what is that?” I asked, continuing the conversation. I couldn’t help but letting my mind tick back to when it was Beau helping me out of the airport. 

 “We have to stalk the Janoskians, have you ever heard of them? They're YouTubers, they live in your area, they're so hot, I love them" she laughed as we approached my car. I unlocked the doors and placed her suitcases in the boot. We climbed in the front seat.

"Yeah, I've heard of the Janoskians" I laughed, it was perfect timing that she'd mentioned them just as Luke texted me. I opened up the message and flashed it in Amie's face.