Chapter 31:

~Gina’s POV~

I pulled up on the drive of my house after dropping Daniel and James off to see that Amie’s car was still not back on the drive, I shook my head. I didn’t know what had happened between Beau and Amelia at the airport, but I intended to find out.

“Beau” I shouted as I walked through the door, wondering if my eldest son had returned home, he worried me sick just running out of the airport like he did. I heard the sound of a suitcase being trailed along the landing and then down the stairs. I watched as he emerged on the last few steps, he was teary eyed and angry.

“I’m leaving” I stared at him completely bewildered as he huffed at me, he tried to push past me but I blocked the door.

“Leaving where and how long for?” I demanded. He may be nearly 20, but I am his mother and deserve the right to know what’s going on in his head, especially with the drama that had just occurred.

“Far away from here, and forever” He sighed at me. My heart shattered, I had a thousand questions to ask him, but he seemed in to mood to answer them.

“What? Beau! Why?” My eyes had begun to water and I could feel my legs slowly weakening, my Beau couldn’t leave me. He was my rock. He’d always been there for me through everything. We were always so close.

“She’s pregnant Mum, I can’t do it. I always thought I’d be able to but I can’t” My jaw dropped open as I adjusted to the news of my son being a father. I then processed what else he said and I felt anger pulse through my veins. No.

No son of mine would ever walk out on a pregnant girl, Amelia especially. Beau began to cry and tried to push past me.

“SO YOU’RE JUST GOING TO WALK OUT ON HER?” I began to shout, trying desperately to drill some sense into his head. He just nodded his head and shouted back.

“I HAVE NO CHOICE” He gritted his teeth as tears dripped down his beautiful face. I wanted to bad to wipe them away and hold my son in my arms, but I couldn’t give in. I knew what it was like to have the father of my children walk out on me. Beau knew what it was like to grow up without a father, so did Amelia. The last thing any of us wanted was this child to grow up without one.

“THERE IS NO CHOICE FOR YOU NOW, YOU HAVE TO STEP UP TO THE MARK AND BE A FATHER. DO YOU THINK AMELIA HAS A CHOICE TO BACK OUT? NO BECAUSE THE BABY IS GROWING INSIDE OF HER, SHE IS THE ONE THAT WILL GIVE YOUR CHILD LIFE AND YOU NEED TO BE THERE TO SUPPORT HER THROUGH THAT JOURNEY” My voice softened. “Beau, you have 9 months to get used to this idea. Right now, of course it’s going to be hard you’re 19 years old, but you have to do what’s right, do you really want your child to grow up without a father, the way you did?”

“Mum she’s 6 months pregnant already, we didn’t know” he threw his hands over his face and leant against the wall. Oh, Beau. What have you done. Why couldn’t you be more sensible and wear protection. I went to talk, but was cut off once again. “The kid growing up without a father will be much better than growing up with me as one” his face represented perfectly what he felt on the inside, he was broken. It was clear he wanted this child, he just doubted himself. Beau pushed me out of the way and dragged his suitcase out of the door. He opened his car and threw it in the boot.

“BEAU, YOU CAN’T LEAVE” I screamed out of the door, just at that point Amie, my twins and Amelia pulled up on their drive. Amelia flung herself out of the car.

“Beau, where are you going?” She looked panic stricken. She choked on her breath as she spoke.

“I can’t do this, I’m sorry” his voice sounded dry, his sobs were clear as he spoke.