Chapter 21:

“I am stuffed” I moaned as I finished the remains of the glass of wine which had left a mark on the clean white table cloth.

“I second that” said Luke who was sat next to me, he pressed his hands against his tummy and leant back on his chair.

“Luke, sit up. We’re at a wedding not at home” Gina instructed from across the table, he sighed and sat up.

The tables had been cleared and people had begun to make their way out of the front and into the gardens or the room that was set for the night do.

“Well, I’m off to the ladies room” Gina announced as we went to leave, their Nonna went with her. Jai, Luke, Beau and I went into the other room to get a table for us all.

“Oh it’s chilly in here” I rubbed my arms as we took our seats at the new table with fresh, clean white cloths..

“Here” Beau smiled, handing me his suit jacket, I couldn’t help but grin up at him. I slipped the jacket round my arms the smell of his cologne travelled up my nose and made my insides all fuzzy. “I’ll get the drinks in, what do you want?”

“Larger” Luke and Jai both said in sync, Beau just rolled his eyes then looked at me while I made my decision.

“Um, vodka and coke” I smiled, he turned and walked towards the bar while I waved to Gina and Nonna who had just walked through the door, they saw my wave and accompanied us.

Shortly after Beau arrived back with a tray of drinks and bottle of wine for his Mum and Nonna, he took a seat next to me.

“Ladies and Gentleman, Please welcome Mr and Mrs Jacob Right” The singer said, we all stood and clapped at their entrance, when everyone was sat down again the singer began his set which went on for at least 2 hours before the first dance was announced.

“Ladies and gentlemen, please put your hands together for Mr and Mrs Jacob Right as they take their first dance” The couple walked onto the dance floor and held each other in their arms as amazed by lonestar played over the speakers.

It was my favourite slow song, the lyrics were beautiful.

Every time our eyes meet

This feeling inside me

Is almost more than I can take

Baby when you touch me

I can feel how much you love me

And it just blows me away

I've never been this close to anyone, 

Or anything

I can hear your thoughts, I can see your dreams

I don't know how you do what you do

I'm so in love with you

It just keeps getting better

I want to spend the rest of my life,

with you by my side

Forever and ever

Every little thing that you do,

Baby I'm amazed by you.

The smell of your skin,

The taste of your kiss,

The way you whisper in the dark.

Your hair all around me,

Baby you surround me

Touch every place in my heart

And it feels like the first time

Every time.

I want to spend the whole night

In your eyes

I don't know how you do what you do

I'm so in love with you

It just keeps getting better

I want to spend the rest of my life,

with you by my side

Forever and ever

Every little thing that you do,

Baby I'm amazed by you.

I don't know how you do what you do

I'm so in love with you

It just keeps getting better

I want to spend the rest of my life,

with you by my side

Forever and ever

Every little thing that you do,

Baby I'm amazed by you.

“Dance with me?” Beau asked holding out his hand to mine, I looked towards the dance floor and saw people joining the bride and groom. I smiled and took his hand as we walked to the floor.

We began moving together, our bodies close. My face was buried in his neck and he was mumbling the lyrics down my ears. Everything felt to perfect.

“Amelia” Beau’s voice spoke, it sounded dry and nervous. I looked up at him but before I could speak he threw his lips on mine engulfing me in the most passionate kiss I’d ever had. My stomach began to flip and fireworks exploded. Our mouths moved perfectly in sync and his hands travelled from my back to my neck. The kiss broke off and he leant his forehead against mine.

“Amelia, I am so in love with you” he breathed.

“W-w-what?” I stuttered, unable to believe what I’d just heard.

“I love you. I always have, I just wanted to protect you from me, I’ve never trusted myself. I couldn’t bare the idea of hurting you” he spoke not releasing his arms from around my body or his forehead from mine.

“I love you” I replied. I crashed my lips back on his and the fireworks began once again. We pulled away and both of us had watery eyes.

“Be mine, don’t ever leave me, I can’t be without you” His eyes stared deep into my own. I could see he was truthful and he knew I was. We loved each other, we always had.

“I’m yours” I whispered back before planting another kiss on his perfect delicate lips.

The song finished and we turned to walk back to our table hand in hand. Gina, Luke and Jai were stood, staring at us with the biggest smiles plastered across their faces.

“So are you?” Luke pointed towards us, he didn’t actually asked the question but we knew what he meant, I looked up at Beau and he looked down at me and smiled.

“Um, er, I” Beau shrugged, leaving me feeling slightly uneasy. I thought what had just happened was enough to say we were together now. Obviously not.

“Mum, I’m sleeping in your hotel room tonight, god knows what these two will be doing, couple or not” Jai laughed, Gina just shook her head and laughed with him.

“No Mum, he’s serious and I am too!” Luke joined in.