Chapter Twelve:

"Well, this is as good as it's gonna' get" I sighed with a gentle chuckle. I rubbed down the sides of the tight black bodycon dress, feeling slightly uncomfortable with the attire. My shoulders and collarbones were exposed due to the dress coming off the shoulders, my legs were also on show as it finished a good few centimetres before the knee. I slipped on my heels and walked a few paces, adjusting to the new height and lack of balance.

I picked up the white leather clutch that matched my shoes and added all my essentials. I sprayed some perfume over my body and then made my way downstairs to where my taxi awaited. Climbing into the back seat of the vehicle, I added another layer of plum lipstick and popped my lips together.

I had to resist the temptation to tell the driver to turn around and take me home as we sped along the dimly-lit streets. I didn't want to see Beau. I didn't want to face him. 

"Well here we are, that'll be $13 please, Miss" the car came to a halt and I rummaged through my clutch, luckily I found the right change and handed it to the driver. "Have a good night" the driver smiled before I closed the door and headed into the club. 

Pushing past the sweaty bodies, I made my way to the bar, scouring the room in hope to see Skip. I ordered myself a drink and began sipping at the straw. My face scrunched together from the overpowering taste of vodka as I swallowed the first sip from my drink.

“Oh, hey hot stuff”, Daniel's voice sounded from behind me, I sighed and smiled, I was beginning to panic thinking I wouldn't be able to find him. "How long have you been here?" he asked after leaning in to kiss my cheek.

"Only about 10 minutes, I was trying to look for you but couldn't see you" 

"Shit sorry, we're sitting on the other side of the dance floor. Let me just get some drinks in and I'll take you over" Skip smiled and threw his arm over my shoulder as he waited for the bar attendant to approach us. "Want another one to take to the table?" he signalled to my drink, I nodded. 

"What will it be, mate?" the barman, who was no older than 20 asked us, giving me a cheeky wink as he did. I smiled and then diverted my attention to the floor. 

"3 coronas, 12 shots of sambuca and, what are you drinking, Amelia?" 

"A vodka sling please". After a short wait our drinks were placed in front of us, Daniel paid and I grabbed the drinks in my hands. I followed Skip over to where he and his group of friends were sitting, I hid shyly behind him as we came to a stop in front of them.

"Guys, this is Amelia, Beau's new neighbour, Amelia this is everyone" Daniel laughed, grabbing my arm and shoving me gently in front of him. I smiled and everyone moved to make room for me to sit. 

Within the hour, I was talking to everyone as though I'd known them my whole life, there was Hayden, Cameron and Luca, and then the girls, Allie and Lilly. All of them were equally as lovely and made me feel comfortable and part of the group. I avoided Beau's burning eye contact all night as we sat around the table.

"Anyone for another drink?" I asked standing. "My round" I smiled. Everyone nodded and gave me their orders and I made my way towards the bar. "Hi, can I please get five coronas, a malibu and coke, a cosmopolitan and a vodka sling, oh and 16 shots of sambuca please" 

"Someone's having a good night" the bar attendant laughed, I giggled and looked up to him, it was the same one who had served Daniel and I earlier. 

"Yeah, it's my first night out in a long time" I sighed, trying to remember the last time I actually went out to a club and enjoyed myself. The man laughed and proceeded to collect the drinks I'd ordered.