Chapter 1- The request

It was a quiet morning in the ADA with only one case being assigned that day, which Ranpo quickly solved, leaving everyone sitting down relaxed. There was a slight tension in the air with everyone worried that a life threatening case would walk through the door seeing as a problem always had to occur when they were relaxed; it was if some evil force was determined to never let them enjoy their quiet days or rest. Fortunately, so far there had been no interruption to everyone's relaxation but sadly this couldn't last long because right as the agency clock ticked mid-day the agency's door opened.

Everyone turned to stare at the person who had now entered their work space. It was a middle aged man standing at the entrance. He was dressed nicely in a sharp suit that demanded respect; his attire consisted of a white button-up shirt, a black pinstriped suit jacket, black shoes and trousers. Sitting on top of his already authoritative outfit was a dark alluding trench coat which was accompanied by a maroon knee-length scarf hanging at the man's shoulders. To compliment his serious attire his black locks were slicked back nicely leaving bangs on either side of the man's face. His whole outfit was perfect with not a single wrinkle or hair strand anywhere out of place showing he doesn't mess around which was certainly true because of his line of work. The man produced a cruel, menacing aura from him so easily it was second nature. The hair's on agency's bodies stood as they stared up at the boss of the Port Mafia.

Everyone froze and looked to each other sharing a worried glance; they all had the same thought on top of their mind:     "why was he here?"    It wasn't unusual for someone from the Port Mafia to pay them a visit whether it was to attack them or do business with, either of which wasn't often nor uncommon. Additionally, since the truce the latter had increased quite a lot, probably since the former was no longer an option. So of course it was no more a shock than finding chocolates in the sweet jar than to see a Port mafia member in the Agency, however that was with a member of the Mafia- this was the Boss. Never before had the boss of the Port Mafia, Ogai Mori, ever paid the agency a visit in person. Therefor it was quite, a shock to see him standing so seriously at the entrance and left them all thinking: "what was so important that Mori needed to come?" 

Once they all snapped out of their trance, Mori spoke one simple sentence with a calm expression leaving all the members with conflicted feelings but were soon snapped out of it and relaxed  when they heard the question. "where is Dazai?"

"not here, sorry to inform you this but i have no idea where that lazy excuse for a partner is. He's probably off trying to convince a naive lady into a double suicide." Kunikida remarked,

"hmmm... well that is expected from Dazai. Is your director in?"

"yes? He's in his office." Kunikida replied slightly confused,

"well then i'll speak to him first, then Dazai. whenever he does arrive let him know i'll be waiting with your director in his office"

"will do,"

"perfect, well i'll go speak to your boss then," Mori replied with a hair-rising smile before turning in the direction of his allies office. He slowly walked away from the members, sending an uncomfortable feeling up Kunikida's spine as he walked past him. Once Mori was completely out of sight in Fukuzawa's office, everyone let out a sigh of relief and relaxed.

"What do you think Mori wants with Dazai?" Atsushi Questioned,

"no idea, it has got nothing to do with us so we don't need to worry, this is Dazai's problem." Kunikida responded,

"But-"

"no buts Atsushi" Kunikida interrupted  "just enjoy the quiet day and finish off those reports on your desk,"