Chapter 9- New problem

Chuuya lay limp in Dazai's arms drained of all energy that he had only regained recently. His mind was hazy, his body ached and his emotions were muddled up. Everything put together left Chuuya completely confused and stressed at the uncertainty of it all. The room was a mess with most things broken and pulled out of place yet Chuuya couldn't recall how this had happened. Only a second ago he was sitting on the infirmary bed waiting for Yasano in an impeccably clean room but now he rested in Dazai's arms in a room from an apocalypse. How did such a room full of perfection change in a blink of an eye to a disaster so easily without any explanation? On top of that, how on earth did he end up in Dazai's arms because from his memory there ain't any logical explanations that he could find. All these impossible questions only helped to increase his confusion at everything which Chuuya really hated since he absolutely despised being left in the dark (figuratively and literally).  Searching for answers, he looked up at the others who were mirroring a similar confusion along with other emotions.

They all stared at Chuuya shaken off guard by the previous events. It had all happened so fast that they were still trying to process everything. Dazai had acted on instinct when he first walked in, focusing more on his actions leaving his mind to try and catch up now and hopefully understand the situation. While Dazai was trying to catch up the other two were trying to calm down. When all hell on earth had turned to chaos in the room, Akutagawa and Atsushi went into survival mode ignoring all else; they didn't have a chance to consider anything besides survival because if there mind halted distracted by other thoughts than a black hole likely would've killed them. Now that the danger had been defused, they too could try and process it all and attempt to understand the situation a little better. Having been in the eye of the hurricane for the longest, the two were still very on edge and their hearts didn't want to stop rapidly beating yet. In an attempt to calm the fear, they started by crawling out from under the desk with Akutagawa kindly helping Atsushi up. Their next step was to take a deep breath to reset and relax themselves. After giving their best attempts at trying to calm down, they turned to face Chuuya and Dazai. They stared more at Dazai looking for answers but he had none.

"Chuuya?" Dazai nervously asked, "Why did you activate corruption?",

"W-what?" Chuuya stuttered, "I did?"

The red head looked up weakly at the others with full sincerity; he had given an answer that was far from their expectations. To all of them it was a given fact that Chuuya had chosen to activate corruption so they all presumed that something had made him think corruption was needed and they were hoping he would fill them in on what that was. However that was immediately thrown out the window by Chuuya's answer, what they thought was fact was no longer true. They were all just left further confused. Dazai stared at Chuuya slightly concerned, he was the only one who had seen a time when corruption was activated unwillingly and that was when Veraline had forced it open. Chuuya had felt so much pain and fear when that happened and Dazai shuddered at the thought of the hat rack having to go through all that again. Howbiet, Dazai knew no one who could do such a thing anymore, Verlaine wouldn't dare to again, and he didn't believe Elisabeth to have enough power to do that. She may be incredibly strong and dangerous but no one is stronger than a God and this was something he would stand by. In his eyes Chuuya is the only one strong enough to hold Arahabaki and yet corruption is still deadly to him. Therefore if corruption, the powers of a God, was deadly to the only person capable of holding a God then no one would be strong enough to open the gate.

Before anyone could ask anything else they were interrupted by the presence of all the other agency members joining them. Ranpo, Yasano and Fukuzawa were with Dazai when the scream was heard so of course they would soon follow. Kyouka had just come back from her lunch break when she heard the scream and since it was Atsushi she could hear she promptly ran over with the other three. Kenji had accompanied Kyouka to lunch so arrived back with her; this meant that he was sadly dragged along to the infirmary. The Tanazaki siblings were sitting on the couch doing their usual 'thing' when they were startled by the scream and they decided to investigate what had disrupted them. Finally, Kunikida was the last to arrive since he was originally going to leave it to Dazai (Dazai was the one called so why should he disrupt his schedule) but at the sight of the president following after he changed his mind. So now almost everyone in the Agency, except probably the secretaries, was standing in the infirmary making the room seem a little crowded; in fact it was crowded with most the people watching from outside the door, peeping their head in.