Chapter 18- Surprise guest

A few hours had past since Elisabeth had finished with Akutagawa and she was now thoroughly enjoying her time spent with her last appointment of the day. She was laughing her head off with glee, a vast contrast to her earlier nervousness around her task with Akutagawa which had caused her much stress. Though throughout the whole ordeal, particularly after she broke into the apartment, she seem explicitly calm, Elisabeth in fact had deep feeling of dread that everything could go wrong buried deep inside her. Now that the haunting task was over, she felt she could fully relax and enjoy herself, which currently wasn't a hard job. Her companion, despite his shyness, was providing many exciting tales for her to listen to. To be fair she had already received what she came for so she had nothing stopping her just sitting back and enjoying the company- though she may have hidden motives behind her extended stay.

"Please go on, it's such an interesting story, is this seriously how you two first met?" Elisabeth cackled, strategically hiding the deceit in her voice,

"Well, if you insist." Her companion meekly whispered.

Her companion was a young, american man with a pleasant appearance, who's features were described by many as pretty and beautiful. He had a tall, slender body which stood at an incredible height of 6 foot and held the skill of being able to woo any man or women that glanced over his marvellous physique. However, due to his shyness, he often stood hunched over with his arms and shoulders pulled tightly in making him seem much smaller than he actually was. It was only at times, such as currently, when he was filled with great joy and confidence that he felt comfortable enough to relax and stand tall at his true height which indeed was a pretty sight. If his height didn't make him stand out enough, his pale complexion surely did. The young man had snow white skin that looked as pure as snowdrops in the winter night which revealed his almost pure heart. His silky skin seemed soft as ever, lacking any imperfection which was definitely amazing. All those hours spent inside working endlessly on novels earnt him such a ghostly appearance, yet such features on his vast body never seemed haunting but mesmerising. Similar jaw dropping qualities was his violet eyes, which were often hidden behind his long black hair that often swept below his forehead and hanged at his neck. His fluffy hair usually provided an escape wall for the man to hide behind, but on those rare chances his eyes poked out, they sparkled bright as diamonds. To company his brilliant physique he wore a black cape which hung over his shoulders slightly covering his white button up shirt (which was ripped around the bottom) and black plants that led to his boots. His attire plus his body made a fantastic result and it was increasingly clear why one boy in particular had fallen in love with this insecure cutie.

Love: it was such a wonderful thing that could warm any heart and complete any lifetime, but it was never something that held great interest for one Edgar Allan Poe. He was too focused on writing the greatest detective story to ever exist for him to spare any care or thought to the idea of him falling in love...yet that all changed after his second encounter with Ranpo Edogawa. Though his second defeat to his former enemy was degrading, he felt greater joy from the satisfaction of being acknowledged by the great detective, so much joy that he became devoted to mastering his craft so one day he could exceed or at least catch up with this new 'beacon like figure' of a friend he had attained. Throughout his motive of mastering his skills, Poe spent much time around the outgoing detective, having been often invited to hangout together by the other boy. His sweet and loving nature was sure to melt the stubborn heart that belonged to the childish Ranpo and before anyone knew it, the detective developed a great fondness for the other and experienced immense joy around him. Ranpo's adorable, little face always lit up brightly whenever he spotted Poe, and his heart would fill with love and excitement at any excuse to spend time with the introverted other. It was always an enjoyable delight for Ranpo whenever he ran into Poe during an investigation or found an opportunity to ask for his help, and because of Poe's mutual love and adoration, he was always filled with absolute determination to help his lover to the best of his ability. In actuality, it was due to this determination paired with his fascinating ability that had drawn Elisabeth to Poe.