Chapter 14- Mission: Cheer boyfriend up

A few days had passed since the incident at Mori's office but not much had changed. Chuuya and Dazai were still trapped with each other 24/7; the agency were still trying to track down Elisabeth; Atsushi was still keeping a watchful eye over Akutagawa and Chuuya was still refusing to sleep. On the surface everything seemed the same and perfectly normal but that wasn't the real truth. The actual truth was a lot had changed for one person in particular and to them there was a huge difference from who he was before and how it affected him, making him who he is now. Chuuya was now a broken mess again because of one little thing that flipped his whole perspective on his future. He had almost died, he would've if not for Mori,  and it can easily- no it will happen again. His body is slowly being ripped apart by his tweaked ability and there is nothing he can currently do to stop it, apart from find Elisabeth but who knows how long that will take, and will he even survive to the time when they can stop it. When Yosano had informed him of his condition, he was acting natural being his relaxed feisty self but the hidden reality was, he was actually shaking in his bones and trying his best to hide that through a fake smile. This didn't help with Chuuya's refusal to sleep either, but instead encourage it. Now, the redhead's heartbeat skyrocketed at the thought of sleeping because of the very frightening possibility of him having an incident in his sleep and henceforth dying. Therefore, this added to his prominent fear of the nightmares results in a surefire way to ensure he won't sleep- hooray, not!

Fortunately, or unfortunately, no one of importance (sorry Elise) in Chuuya's life had managed to figure out that the redhead has been neglecting to sleep so far. This meant he was free to dwell in his fears through the dark night without intervention. However, though his absence of sleep seems to be unnoticed, his ever growing nerves and worries are becoming quite prominent- especially to the one who loves the redhead the most...Dazai. The waste of bandages had slowly been noticing the subtle changes in his boyfriend since the incident and he wanted to help. The brunettes heart just swelled with care and affection when he watched the love of his life walking through the past few days with a mask taped to his face. Dazai desperately just wanted to rip that mask off the redhead, in order to allow the sadness hiding behind it to run free and eventually disappear. He knows all too well about the negative effects of adorning the mask of a fake smile and how it just prolongs your torture, leaving no room for a true smile to grow. So obviously he understands some of Chuuya's struggle and is determined to ease that pain in any way possible. Plus, if he's successful, maybe just maybe a hopeful smile may grow behind the mask and push it away, allowing the slug to be happy. 

This strong philanthropic determination meant Dazai was actually working diligently on his computer in the office while his boyfriend was being looked over by Yosano. This was the main reason they came into work today actually, because Yosano refused to leave the agency unless it was absolutely unavoidable. In consequence, Dazai went in to work carrying a collapsed Chuuya in his arms because the redhead had just had another incident and since, accordingly to Yosano, they now know how to deal with this so they shouldn't make a big deal out of it. Seriously, at times it really seems like Yosano has no heart, particularly with how she expects walking into the office with a collapsed hat rack to become a usual thing. Dazai just hopes they can find a solution to the corruption problem before it does. Currently, Ranpo and a few other agency members were head deep in the case looking for answers, while at the same time Dazai was doing what he was tasked with which was looking over their key informant. Originally, Chuuya was going to be put through a countless amount of question at the nearest opportunity -so basically when they got back from Mori's office- but because of recent events, Fukuzawa instructed Ranpo to wait until Chuuya deemed himself ready to revisit those memories. Therefore, the investigation squad were working on very little- just Dazai and Akutagawa's accounts- so to contribute Dazai will look after Chuuya's emotional needs.