Chapter 16- Just checking in

They were walking down the road peacefully; nothing new had appeared; nothing had changed from a moment ago, so why was Chuuya falling? There was silence in the air and the waste of bandages felt the spikey tendrils of fear prick at his heart as he felt the tight grip of the redhead's hands around his neck vanish. They slithered away from his skin, leaving an icy mark behind. The hairs on the back of his neck stood up tall in response to the absence of the warm, calming hands and they fought back as the cold pricked away against his skin. Further, the Mackerel's heart sank as he felt the weight in his arms increase and soon it became too much for his weak arms to hold in this position. Chuuya was falling too fast for him to be able catch him; if only he was prepared for this, he could have caught his boyfriend but instead he has to let him fall- fall to the ground and hit his head. Dazai imagined the angry expression his boyfriend would bare at him because of the pain, and this just caused guilt to encapsulate him.  Dazai closed his eyes as he waited for the inevitable sound of Chuuya's head hitting the concrete...but it never came.

"That was close." a familiar voice echoed,

With not a second to waste, Dazai spun round to face the cause of Chuuya's sudden fall and the reason he didn't hit the pavement. Staring back into Dazai's auburn eyes was the despicable smile of one wretched french girl- Elisabeth. She stared back at Dazai with her menacing smile causing every muscle in the mackerel's body to tense up with anger as he watched her hug his boyfriend tightly in her arms. Limply, Chuuya laid unconscious in the arms of on vile monster who was having way too much fun in her predicament. Her vicious eyes danced over the redhead's body with excitement (she had done this many times before) and if it wasn't for the fact that she currently had the upper hand, since he didn't know much about her ability yet, he would've slapped her so hard that her children would still be coughing up blood. Fortunately, Dazai had been in many difficult predicaments in the past and because of all that, especially dealing with Fyodor, he was able to keep his composure and deduce why the vile woman had appeared. Elisabeth stood a few metres away from the mackerel; she was calm and perfectly relaxed. Her hair chaotic brown locks were styled nicely into a french plait, making her seem quite beautiful. Her slim body was dressed  in a pretty, black pleated dress which were complimented by her low heeled boots that ran up to her knee. She was all dressed up for a special occasion, one which Dazai was yet to figure out. In her arms was the unconscious slug but what Dazai hadn't noticed before was a small needle sticking out from the side of his boyfriend's neck.

"You drugged him!" Dazai acusated,

"Oh, calm down. It's only are harmless narcotic." Elisabeth cackled,

"You drugged him!" Dazai repeated in a much more serious tone than before.

"I wanted to have a little chat and thought it would be easier if you didn't have to worry about a certain someone overhearing." Elisabeth revealed, unfazed by Dazai's coldness. 

"Plus you won't have to worry about holding their hand if he's passed." Elisabeth added with childish glee.

Without waiting for a response, she scooped Chuuya up into her arms bridal style and started walking in the opposite direction, away from the waste of bandages. The french woman walked at a brisk pace, despite the fact that she was carrying a 60 kg male in her arms. Though she was walking at an incredible fast speed (probably due to an ability she copied), Elisabeth never moved too fast that Dazai couldn't follow behind; tactically, she chose to keep a good few metres between them but no matter how far ahead she moved, Elisabeth made sure she was always in Dazai's eyeline. This meant, by the time they had reached Elisabeth's desired destination, that Dazai was quite worn out and had no choice but to be a compliant participant in their little chat. Elegantly, the vile woman raced down the street passing past all the pedestrians, just as perfectly as Chuuya had earlier. They moved so fast that they had travelled a whole few miles in under half an hour- even better was that she wasn't even tired. Patiently she sat at a bench in the grassy park, which was outside a particular mackerel's apartment building.