Trick? Treat? (Inktober Day 2)

"So do you want a trick, or a treat?"

"No, no Darkypoo! I ask trick or treat, and you're supposed to give me candy!" Wilford smiled as he pretended to hold a bag to him. Dark raised en eyebrow, still confused.

"But you're asking me for either a trick or a treat. What if I want to choose randomly between the two?" Wil sighed. He had been trying to explain the idea of trick or treating to Dark since mid September and tomorrow was Halloween. He just wasn't gonna get it.

"As much as I appreciate you trying to get me to participate, I really don't see the reason I'm doing this trick or treat thing."

"C'mon Dark! Pleeeaassee?" Wil begged his friend to go with him.

"I don't even have a costume."

"Go like that! You're creepy enough! You don't need a costume!" After some more begging and coercing, Dark finally agreed but it was so bizarre for him to trick or treat with his friend who dressed as a gangster and children running around them.

The houses didn't get Dark, but enjoyed his "costume" nonetheless. He didn't care whether he got candy or not. What was going on through his mind was the simple phrase he continued to repeat after each house.

'Trick? Treat? Where's the trick part in all this?' He was so lost he decided to do some research later that night. He doesn't think so, but he is a very old man.