Left Masked (Inktober Day 3)

{8:30 pm, October 25th, 1928}

I could tell right away who that was. That gorgeous masked being in such a wonderful outfit. It was Y/N. I could tell based on their eyes.

They made the room shine brighter just from their reflection. I liked them very much. But as it was a ball, I didn't want to be noticed by them too quickly.

They started to approach me and I started to panic on the inside. Did they notice it was me?

"Hello there Damien."

"Ah hello there dear Y/N. Nice to see you around. But, how did you know it was me?"

"It's your eyes... and your mayor badge." I saw them chuckle and blushed ever so slightly. I remember having to put that on, not wanting to as it would give me away so quickly. Ah what a fool I was.

"I suppose you're right." Y/N was carrying a small pumpkin in their hands before setting it down on a table we were near. Having known Y/N for so long, I knew they enjoyed this time of year. Halloween always had something special that just lit Y/N up... and I loved it! Their smile, their genuine curiosity for all things spooky, and their creativity was a sight very few could see.

"Mind if we dance?" I offered as I took their hand into mine, gently kissing it. Seeing their flustered look, I knew I was doing something right.

"O-okay. Thank you Damien." They smiled and so did I. We danced together until we were offered drinks which we gladly kept on us.

"Hey Y/N? There's something I want to ask you." That's when I took a drink.

————————————————————————

{8:30 pm, October 25th, 2018}

"Oh Y/N, you know who I am," I taunted as the mask stayed on. I saw the terrified look on their face as they made a run for the door. But I was faster.

As a spirit, I could easily get to where they were in an instant without them knowing. It was fun to see them shrink down and shiver. It had been so long since we've been separated me since I drank that poison. I wasn't gonna lose Y/N again to some other man.

"You don't remember? What about the name, Damien? I'm sure you remember that name." I saw a look of disbelief in their eyes and only chuckled.

"Now that I have your attention... shall I whisk you away where we can live happily ever after my dear? As cold and darkened spirits?" Oh how I had changed for the worse. But it didn't matter as long as I had Y/N back in my arms. This Halloween, we would marry and live the way things were supposed to be.