part 1

-August 14th 1993

—————
It was a nice rainy day, deena was off to work. Deena has been working at a coffee shop a few blocks away from her home for about 3 months, she usually worked after school but decided to skip today.

deenas pov:
she walked in the shop going to the back of the place to check herself in, she walked back to the front and heard a voice "Here early huh?" she turned around, it was her boss. "Yeah, is that a problem?" she replied, her boss gave her a shocked look and said "nope, get to work kiddo." Deena sighed and began setting up the tables, putting silverware and cups on top of them.

Deena slacked for a few hours since it was only 4:00am and no one was entering. she sat at one of the tables and had some muffins, reading a comic while listening to the pixies. She was so in the moment and didn't even realize her boss was speaking to her until the music stopped playing, her headphones left her sight, and she finally turned "Hey what the hell!!" she snatched it away turning off the music. Her boss laughed, "I need to take my daughter to school, and her play is today so i thought i'd spent the day with her..will you be alright here all by yourself?" He told her. Deena rolled her eyes and looked to the side, "yup." He nodded "Ok..Im counting on you Johnson." And left, she was now in charge.

Quite a few of hours go by of just giving customers coffee and giving them what they please was rough, being the only person working was very hard for her.  it was now 10pm and deena was getting ready to close up, the shop closes at 10:15pm so she was just cleaning up until she heard someone walk in by hearing the bell ding twice, she groaned and walked up to the front. It was a girl, she looked new.. Her hair was strawberry blonde tinted, she was a bit taller than deena was. She was wearing a bright blue dress with her hair up covering a black ribbon.

Deena scoffed and asked, "May i help you?" The strawberry blonde headed girl licked her chapped lips and asked, "Coffee please, one." Deena looked confused, "Is that the only thing you came for?..Who gets coffee this late anyways?" The girl raised her eyebrows, "Why is a coffee shop open this late?" Deena gave a harsh sigh and bit her lip, "Fair enough." The girl gave a soft smile and sat down at one of the tables putting her bag down, waiting patiently. Deena wiped up some coffee for the strange girl and looked over at her, wondering why she actually came here, if there was any reason at all.  She made her coffee and went over to the table, setting it down. The girl smiled, "Thank you." deena replied, "Whatever."

There was only 5 minutes until the shop closes, the girl was finished with her coffee, she was just writing in some journal or something, deena got annoyed, huffed and puffed. She marched over to the girl giving her a dirty look, "We close in 3 Minutes, why are you still here?" The girl looked at the clock and sighed, "Right, so sorry" She cleaned up her mess by herself and grabbed her things. She walked up walking to the exit. Deena looked at her and stopped her, "Wait! Whats your name? You don't look familiar.." The girl stopped for a few seconds, then turned around to the dark curly head girl, "Sam—Samantha.. I just moved here from Sunnyvale." Deena laughed, "Oh your from that shitty place huh?" Sam shrugged her shoulders, "I-I guess..You go to Shadyside high right?" Deena rolled her eyes— "Yeah just like everyone in this town." Sam nodded and bit the inside of her cheek.

Deena looked at her watch, putting a strand of curl behind her ear, "Well you should go." Sam nodded and asked "Wait.. I have one more thing." Deena groaned, "What is it?" Sam went a little closer to deena, asking "I start school tomorrow.. But i was hoping, if its okay.. That you could show me around? Just so I'm a bit used to it?" Deena rolled her eyes and sighed. Sam shook her head, "You know what.. Forget it, I'm sure i can handle it." She gave deena a smile and walked out.

Deena sighed and cleaned up the tables, she went home and checked on josh. He was sound asleep, half of a piece of pizza in his hand with his game controller in the other, deena smiled and cleaned him up a bit. Going over to him giving him a kiss on his forehead and getting to bed. She layed down, for some reason she couldn't stop thinking of that girl from the coffee shop today.. What was her name? Samantha? She seemed strange, and weird but..She couldn't stop thinking about her..That was until her girlfriend texted her, Riley. She groaned and grabbed her phone, opening it with a soft smile.

Riley: *one imagine*

Deena opened the message and bit her lip,

Deena: You're crazy
Riley: For you.
See you tomorrow.

Deena smiled and put her phone back on the night stand next to her bed, and drifted asleep.

———————-
hey!! sorry this was really boring, but i hope you enjoyed the first part of my story!! leave your opinions on it if you'd like :)