CHAPTER 30

(Victor's POV)

"Thank God, the chair problem is out of the way, I thought it would take forever." I tell Athena.

She laughs adorably, "Yes thankfully your dad offered to give my dad the chair. I don't know what my dad would have done otherwise"

"But your mom changed your dad's mind and he didn't accept anyways, which is good in a way, coz my dad is way too attached to furniture for some weird reason. I am pretty sure he wanted to give it to your dad only because he is my mate's father" I say.

"I don't know Victor, but I kind of feel as though that chair belongs here" she says yawning.

I chuckle "Enough about the chair" and go to boop her nose "You are too cute you know?" I ask her and she just rolls her eyes.

I put on some old ballroom music and ask her "Care for a dance?"

"I don't know how to dance Victor. Sorry" she giggles

"Who said you need to know dancing?" I say as I pull her up and plant her feet on mine.

"Victor your feet will hurt. I am heavy" Athena says shocked.

"Yeah... you are too heavy" I scoff.

I put her arms over my shoulder while mine go around her waist as I move around the room, more like a slow dance.

"This is good, I have to put in zero efforts to move" Athena says and I can't help but say "I love you" while I rest my forehead over hers.

She blushes hard, which is too adorable and looks into my eyes, "I love you too Victor."

.

.

(Athena's POV)

It is still night and windows are rattling due to the wind.

"Athena" I hear someone call my name and I groan. Not again.

This has to be that weird dream where I can't move and face that killer and I refuse to listen to the calling.

"Athena" this time it is a little louder but I don't want to follow that voice, I open one of my eyes to see that it is still dark and I am snuggling with Victor, his arm draped over me. I hear it again, argh no I won't budge.

I just move closer to Victor if that is even possible and he hugs me tighter while he sleeps, making me smile. He is the one. I think to myself and fall asleep.

.

.

"Athena it's me Agatha"

"What?" I get up out of shock and I don't find Victor beside me. "Victor" I call out and there's no reply. He's not in the bathroom so I go outside my room to see if he went back to his room.

But he said he won't go back to that room as he can't sleep without me.

I open the door to his room and it is empty.

I debate on going back to sleep but I want to know where he went, so I start walking downstairs.

"Athena it's me Agatha." And I whip around to find no one in the hallway and I rush to switch on the light. There is no one.

All of a sudden, I am in the living room and it is morning, sunlight flooding the hall and Victor is sitting on the floor beside the chair inspecting it.

"Victor" I call and he doesn't respond.

I go near him and he turns the chair slightly and pushes the engraved design on the back of the chair's headrest.

"Ask him to push it again" Agatha tells again and I turn around to find no one, "Victor, did you hear that voice?" I ask as I turn to face him and he is not there too. What the hell?

"Athena! Athena!" this time it's Victor's voice and everything is dark, I can't see anything.

.

And I wake up, sweating profusely. Victor holding me in his arms.

"Shit! you're shivering" he says.

After some time, I recognize that it is still dark outside and I am in bed and it seems that Victor never left my side. Another one of my freaking dreams!

"Let me guess? You had that nightmare again?" he asks.

"Yes and No Victor" I say.

"What?" he asks confused, clearly feeling sleepy.

"I meant Yes - it was a nightmare but No – it wasn't my usual nightmare, this one was different, someone was calling me, saying its Agatha. I refused to wake up but you were not there in bed so I went downstairs to find you in the living room inspecting the chair. Then I heard her voice again, but no one was there, suddenly it was in the morning and when I turned to look at you, you too were gone and then I heard your voice and woke up" I tell him.

He must think I am crazy.

"I know that look of yours Athena. Don't overthink. It is just some random dream. Everyone gets them. And I think you got it about me inspecting the chair because we were talking about it before we slept." Victor says trying to calm me.

"But Victor, last time I dreamt about that chair, you know about that crimson thing engraved on it, I didn't expect my dream to be real!" I exclaim and he sighs pulling me into his arms once again, "I know baby... I know... I will speak to the elders asking if a human can have premonition abilities. But you don't worry."

"What abilities?" I ask

"Premonition – it is more like a strong feeling that something is about to happen. Only witches have such foretelling abilities. A human cannot have them and you are definitely not a witch, so I am betting that it is mere coincidence. We will think about it, if any more of your dreams come true. But for now, don't fret and remember that I will always be by your side no matter what okay?"

"Okay"

"Good, now let us get some sleep love" he says as he tucks me in the bed.

{Hey peeps! Please Vote, follow and comment! Happy scrolling!}