CHAPTER 38

(Athena's POV)

"My wolf wants to mark you" Victor tells me.

"What?" I exclaim

"My wolf—he wants to mark you. He has wanted to, ever since we first met. Needless to say, I didn't give in. But now he keeps pressing me to do it, because of the obvious danger you are in. After marking we will be able to mindlink. Also, I will be able to sense if you are in pain or something. So, he is pushing me, constantly fighting for control, since I am not marking you. To balance out, I am sharing vision control with him, so he can see you through his own eyes and ensure your safety. But don't worry I won't lose control and mark you. I know you aren't ready." He tells me.

"Wait, but weren't you in wolf form just a few minutes ago. He didn't try to mark me."

"He didn't try because I was in control, the entire time. For instance, if I somehow lose control now, then my wolf will gain control even though I am in my human form. The reverse happened when I was in wolf form and I never gave him control." Victor tells me casually.

I am ready, maybe I can use this chance to tell him that. Even before reading Agatha's letter and confirming I have superpowers, I realized that I am ready to take this relationship to the next level, which is why I agreed to move to the top floor. But now, I have more proof that me and Victor were always meant to be mates. How else can anyone explain this? Even though I am human I have been bestowed with powers and Agatha who lived several decades before has envisioned us together, as mates. I believe that we are destined to be together. So why deny destiny?

"Okay... I am ready and I give my consent to get marked"

"What?" Victor asks totally surprised.

"You heard me right. But ofcourse I understand that 'YOU' don't want to mark me, only your wolf wants to, that too only because of the danger I am in." I tell him sulking.

I know Victor wants to mark me too, but I want to get on his nerves. It may make him confess how he loves me, and I am sort of addicted to his confessions. Even though what I am doing to trigger him is not correct, I want to do it. Petty me.

"What? That's absolute bullshit. Isn't it obvious that 'I' want to mark you? Athena, I love you and I want nothing more than making you mine. I only told you about my wolf wanting to mark you and didn't mention about my want/need, because I didn't want you to feel pressured. A mark is very sacred, and symbolizes the start of our relationship. It is based on love and affection. Yes! we want to do it as soon as possible due to the dangers. But it is not 'because' of the dangers like you said. It is because of my concern and love for you." Victor says trying to think of more ways to explain himself but I only end up laughing at his cuteness.

"What? why are you laughing?" he asks perplexed

"I'm not dumb Victor, Not just your wolf, I know you too want to mark me... I am also aware that you love me too much and only because of it – the love - you want to mark me sooner and keep me safe. But I just wanted to hear you say it."

"You will be the death of me Athena" he looks relieved and amazed at the same time.

"No Victor, I will be the life of you."

After sometime of gazing at each other, he gets up and goes into the restroom to bring back a first aid kit.

"Do we need that?"

"You are human love, I will close your open wound after I mark you, but it may infect later on. So, I will clean and bandage it as a preventive measure."

"It won't hurt right? I have read werewolf books, they always say that when mates mark, it will be like pure bliss and won't hurt." I ask

He clears his throat, "Love, when any set of teeth – mates or not, sinks into your neck, it will hurt too much. I am sorry to be causer of the pain. But I have some balm in here given by the witches, that will stop the throbbing after applying it on the wound. Ofcourse I can close it and prevent bleeding, but the internal wound will take time to heal as you are human, this balm should speed up the process and keep you free from pain." He tells as he pulls a balm from the first aid kit.

"So, it will hurt when you mark me, but you will put the balm over it later on and help me?"

"That is correct. I wish there was another way, but there isn't." he says with a sad smile.

"How long have you had that balm with you?" I ask

"Whenever someone gets mated with a human, we ask the witches to make us one, so I have had it with me for quite some time now" he tells me.

I nod.

"You ready? You can tell me if you don't want to do it. I can understand if you have a change of mind after hearing about all this. Say yes only if, you are sure." Victor says.

"I am sure Victor. I am not changing my decision. Do you want to do it?" I ask him preparing myself mentally.

He comes closer, "Yes I want to mark you! All I wanted to hear was your approval. Now that I have it, I will proceed."

He leans forward, and takes me in his arms, making me sit on his lap and gently pushes my neck towards the left, keeps my head in place with his hands and leans closer. I can feel his fangs extending and grazing the skin between my neck and the collar bone.

"Mark me" I whisper and he sinks his fangs in.

White light.

All I see is white light.

{Hey peeps! Please Vote, follow and comment! Happy scrolling!}