Fireworks

I was going to upload this earlier but I was too busy complaining about how stupid everyone at my school is and then I had to go to a swim meet

We won :) and even better I was MVP 😍😍 (only bc I was thrown in a random event last minute and I beat someone on the other team which apparently was the point we needed to win or whatever, my coach gave me a personal shout out so that's cool ig)

Oh huh this is like... almost over, damn that's crazy

CW: ummm its a secret but I think you'll enjoy it (or maybe you won't 😳)

Previously...

Dream was frozen for a moment. Snapping out of it, he continued to run his fingers through George's hair, eventually hearing light snores escaping the sleeping boy in his lap. Dream smiled uncontrollably, ever-so-carefully leaning down to press a kiss to the top of George's head.

Dream sighed, admiring the brunette until he felt his own eyes grow heavy. He fell asleep, his last thought the uneasy truth of what would certainly become of him and George after the Olympics were over.

{Dream}

3rd Person P.O.V.

Dream opened his eyes, blinking groggily. There was a weight against him, like someone had thrown 20 blankets on him at once. As his vision adjusted to the light, he realized the weight was George, still fast asleep and using Dream as a pillow.

"Geooorrrrggggeeeee," Dream called softly, brushing the hair away from the brunette's forehead. "Wake upppppp." George groaned in his sleep, shuffling around in Dream's lap until his ear was pressed up against the blond's chest. He could definitely hear Dream's heartbeat, thumping steadily against its cage.

Dream hummed lowly, letting the sound rumble and resonate in his chest. George mumbled incoherently, slowly opening his eyes and looking up at Dream.

"Well good morning, sleepy head!" He teased, ruffling George's hair playfully. The Brit rolled his eyes, lightly slapping Dream's hand away.

"5 more minutes..." His head lolled, falling back against Dream's chest. The taller boy chuckled softly, running his hand through George's hair soothingly.

"You're lucky you're cute," he sighed. George smiled, snuggling further into Dream. They both loved these moments, the innocent, sleepy cuddling and exchanged murmurs of endearment. It was sweet, even though they never discussed what these times meant to each other.

"But seriously, George, it's like... 2 pm already," Dream mentioned.

"Too early," George mumbled.

"Yes, well, we have the closing ceremony today, if you want to go." The words held a bit of restrained sadness to them. The Olympic closing ceremony meant it was their last full day together, before George flew back to England and Dream flew back to Florida.

"Oh..." George picked his head up, looking at Dream with a slight pout in his eye. "Yeah. I guess. Might be fun." His tone was much less enthusiastic than it should be. The Olympic closing ceremony was supposed to be a spectacle, an international celebration of the end of another successful games. But to Dream and George, it meant the end of their time together.

"Yeah. Starts in a few hours, we should get something to eat first."

~

It was nearly time for the ceremony, and Dream and George were sitting in Dream's rental car in the parking lot of the outdoor stadium. Neither of them wanted to go in, knowing that at the end of this, everything from the past two weeks would be over. It hurt just to think about.