maniac

2021 june 30th

The song was playing through his headset while Hyuck reviewed the lyrics in front of him. His senior had already finished recording his part, and he was now working on the adlibs and doubling.

The song for his last grade was written pretty quickly after the two of them sat together to work. The initial idea of making it about his feelings towards Seol stayed, and with Doyoung's own feelings combined the song was perfect.

A part of Hyuck's final project was also performing the song he wrote, and in his case, he had to work together with a dance major. The song, being upbeat and playful, was not hard for choreographing and the performance planning went much smoother than thought.

The performing arts majors had their own concert/show where they presented their last assignments. From dancing, singing, acting, everything was presented to the audience, that mainly consisted of family and friends.

Renjun and Seol were holding bouquets and banners with Donghyuck's picture on them. They were sitting beside Mrs Lee who had her camera rolling and recorded everything.

As Hyuck's stage was announced, he was able to hear the loud cheers of the audience before stepping out on the stage with Doyoung and the dancer that was performing for them. As the drum beat and the guitar started playing he felt a small smile tug on his lips, before he started singing.

The crowd was moving along with the catchy rythm, bopping their heads or even dancing. Seol didn't expect the song to be like this, but she had to admit that it was quite addictive.

The three people on the stage managed to not only entertain the audience, but also pull them in their world. She felt like joining the girl on the stage, who was dancing and enjoying her time.

Catching a glimpse of the girl in the audience, Donghyuck couldn't help but smile widely. As she made eye contact with him her face lit up even more, reassuring him that he did an amazing job. Sadly the party atmosphere didn't last long, and the show slowly came towards its end.

Donghyuck was attacked with multiple hugs as soon as he exited the building after changing clothes. His younger brothers were clinging to him, only to almost get suffocated by their mom who joined the hug.

Mr Lee was watching them from further away, taking pictures to commemorate the day. After pealing his wife and kids away from Hyuck, his dad gave him a quick hug before motioning towards his best friends.

Renjun was surprisingly the first to throw himself at the tan boy, smiling brightly. Seol was holding the bouquets of sunflowers and trying to take some pictures of the two boys hugging.

"Come here~" the two boys separated and now stretched out arms were welcoming the girl. She had felt the emotions trough the song, and knew it was directed at her after locking eyes with Hyuck on the stage. She was overwhelmed knowing that a song was written for her and was beaming with happiness.

~

None of them could have imagined that in a bit over a week's time, in stead of happily enjoying their well deserved break, all of them would be scattered throughout the world fighting battles with themselves, on their own.