Chapter 15

Elijah had never felt this way.

Granted, it was the first time he'd be having sex since the torture his mother had inflicted on him. He was different. Sex was expected to be different, too.

He just didn't realize it could be this different. This wonderful.

They hadn't even started yet and he already felt a sensation of excitement in his core that was unfamiliar to him. Was it because of the way she was grabbing onto him? Because of the way she was slowly removing her clothes and walking away from him each time, making him pursue her so that he could run his hands over the newly exposed bits of her body?

That couldn't be the whole reason. This wasn't the first time he'd had that happen. Why, then, did this feel so distinct?

She did everything in a tantalizing manner. Touching herself and making his hands hover over the parts of her she wanted him to hold. Slipping just out of his grasp. Daring him to try a bit harder.

At last, he'd pinned her down, tearing the last bits of her clothes off of her without caring for the damage he'd inflicted. That could be replaced. He'd seized the back of her neck, holding her head firm as he crashed his lips against hers, grinding his still-clothed hips against hers to keep her tight against her mattress.

"Tell me," he said lowly in her ear, having pulled away to kiss down her neck. "Why will making love to you cause you to go into heat?"

"I haven't been sexually active in years," she groaned out, trying to close her legs as he made to rub between them, feeling self conscious for a moment. He pried them open, causing her to shiver as he traced his fingers down her thighs and managed to get them where he wanted them. "If my body senses I'm getting back to it, it just might send me into regular cycles again. 'Course, nothing will come from it, you can't knock me up."

"Perhaps not," he said, his fangs starting to protrude unintentionally. The scent of her, the sound of her heartbeat, it was overwhelming. "But I could try to."

This made her shiver again, and he traced his tongue over her pulsating carotid artery. "Does that please you?"

"I didn't say that."

He chuckled lightly, knowing that she'd never admit to it. "Perhaps it might not please you. But your inner wolf certainly likes the idea of it."

"She just likes you a lot." She put her hand on the back of his head, able to hear his breathing growing heavier. "You can bite in," she told him, feeling his tongue still drifting over her throat. "It's okay. I'll tell you if it's too much."

"I shouldn't," he said, starting to move his head to a different spot.

She pushed it back down to where it had been. "Feed on me," she said. "You have to test how much control you have, otherwise, you won't know how much to practice. There aren't any Silencing Spells yet. If it gets to the point where I need someone's help stopping you, I can scream and everyone in the French Quarter will hear me."

"Then perhaps we should not place Silencing Spells in the future. If someone were unable to help you if I got out of control..."

"Shhh," she said, sliding her other hand down his back. "Don't think about that. Try it. I'll bite you if it gets bad." She took his arm, bringing it to her mouth so she was ready to bite and inject her venom at will.

He hesitated, still. His nose bumped over her skin, and he could feel her neck throbbing, practically begging for someone to tear into it and feed. Was it just the pheromones, or did she actually smell like every good thing in life rolled into one package, still with distinct smells rather than a mixed compound that would actually be atrocious?