Return of a Legend

||Arthur Leywin||

I stood on top of Sylvie while she made circles around the battlefield like how a vulture would run circles around its meal.

The air was cold at ten thousand feet in the air and ever since I stepped back on this continent, I swore to myself that I will protect those close to me and not a single drop of blood will be drawn out from them.

My body touched the dense clouds, the sun permeated and glowed warmly on the east, the wind was a calm whisper despite being so high up.

"Quite a nice view up in here, I'll admit princess." Regis said from my core "But do we really need to wait until they start charging towards each other?"

"I want to see how things play out, and determine the best course of action that minimizes the damage done on the battlefield."

"Just drop down there like what you did during our raid against the Central Dominion, although you did  level the whole central bank and the whole block it was standing on." Regis replied with a snicker.

"Good thing it was a commercial district at the middle of night then." I responded with a smile and a shrug.

"But you did  break almost all of the windows in the whole city." Sylvie intervened.

I smiled a bit with her response, reuniting with Sylvie was one of the happiest days I ever had in this life, after eight months in another continent I barely knew anything at, it paid off little by little, although I worry that Regis' attitude might brush off to her.

Due to the foggy setting below, I couldn't see that much apart from the amassed armies directly below me, even with my augmented eyes the fog the field emitted every sunrise in this particular field is why it's something called "The field of the Tranquil Mist".

"Sylvie, Maybur city is the closest city here. Go check out how many of the enemy is in defense." I pointed to my left.

"You got it Art."

She replied, I got off of Sylvie and started to levitate on the air.

"It's still a bit weird that you're not calling me papa." I said to her

"I worry if I call you papa, a certain wolf would force me to call him my uncle." She turned her head in response and sharpen her gaze at my core.

"I mean, it is technically correct, right Art?" Regis butted in from my core as if trying to find a friend who could back his side in a fight.

I shrugged at the two and caused Sylvie to sigh. With one flap of her wings she darted towards the city, making holes along the clouds without making a sound.

||Virion Eralith||

The sun slowly rose from our backs as we face the west of Dicathen, the warm light of the sun touched my silver hair, and the tall grass beneath my knees began to dance and sway.

It's been eight months since the almost total defeat of Dicathen, I lost most of the people I loved and cherish.

That brat and Tessia really left me without a notice, and ever since Elshire was burnt Windsom and Aldir helped us reestablish the Dicathen forces, they hid their presence most of the time and only helped via information and plans, we had to do the dirty work ourselves. Almost everyone I loved disappeared in a snap, to this day it still haunts me yet I try to keep my best to hide it among the people.

Two months of gathering the scattered soldiers from all over the continent, using Gideon and Arthur's proposed means of transportation we were able to connect majority of the towns and cities still under our control and as well as establish new hideouts.

Windsom proposed that I reorganize the army to be fit for more generalized purpose and only attack the enemy using speed and unconventional tactics such as ambushing and raiding supply and prisoner convoys.

It was through these raids that only some numbers of Alcryan soldiers were able to besiege the cities under our control, but their weakened forces did not prevail.

We were able to score multiple minor victories and cripple the enemy's supply lines by a small yet significant margin.

It was estimated by Windsom that forty percent of the Alcryan forces including most of their mana beasts were burned in that forest, the trade was it caused a number of unknown casualties in Dicathen's population. Rumors also said they kept most of the POW's in Elshire, both left a bitter taste in my mouth. I started out with only ten thousand thousand forces at the first months, but because of these victories the number grew and rallied up to ninety thousand, although a bit small it was enough to make a difference.