The Last Ascent; First Floor

(A/N: Second time's the charm, I hope)

||Arthur Leywin||

I found myself standing in the middle of what appeared to be a dome with an exposed top that lets a beam of light pass through it. The stone walls were filled with nothing but some moss and engravings that resembled the letters I found in the past relictombs I've delved on, they were familiar but not understandable. Vines and roots were scattered everywhere and seemed to etch themselves to the walls as much as the Djinn's language giving the room the impression of an ancient or abandoned atmosphere.

The floor beneath me was also made of stone, many types of grass covered the actual surface but what caught my eyes the most was an iron door to my immediate right. Of course, there wasn't anything special on the surface, but how the ambient aether reacted to it was peculiar. 

"Do you think the is a trap?" I asked Regis, who was as cautious as I am right now.

"There's always more than meets the eye." He replied, coming out of my core.

I closed my eyes and concentrated, surges of aether began pulsating outwards of my body to spot anything that catches my attention.

Like a bat using echolocation I surveyed the room, but alas there wasn't anything odd, except for one thing.

"Looks like the door is meant to keep us from entering," Regis said, sensing my aether pulses dampening as soon as it reaches the door's surface.

"Or keep what's inside of it from exiting," I said, clenching my fists and reinforcing my fists with mana.

I took a few steps forward and heaved my entire body towards the door, I struck the door but as soon as I did my arm was suddenly riddled with thousands of painful cuts followed by a high pitch of ringing that almost made my eardrums explode.

I see Regis in his wolf form trying to cover both of his ears with his paws while he whimpers from the corner of my eye. Although cute at first, he looks like a clown in my eyes, as if to serve nothing as a piss-poor attempt to make comedic relief written by the author.

My hand quickly healed itself from the cuts it sustained, although saying that they were painless would be a lie.

"How about trying it without any sort of augmentation?" Regis suggested.

'I was about to do that.' I said annoyed at the fact that my ears are still ringing.

I did the same action earlier, but now with my fist and nothing else. I flick my right hand's wrist before delivering a cross punch to the door.

But alas to no avail.

'Let's try that.' I said looking up to what seemed to be an obvious exit to this room, the open top of the dome.

I got my hopes up and started to levitate, Regis entered my core and we set course. However as I got closer and closer to the blinding light I suddenly felt my feet landing on something, I found myself standing on the floor.

Irritated I tried again and again and again, but I just mysteriously get teleported to where I initially was.

'Try to punch the walls.'

I smacked myself in the head for not thinking of such a basic idea, I clenched my fists and prepared to punch the walls. However, in the blink of an eye, I found myself in the middle of the room, basking in the golden rays that were coming from the ceiling.

To say that I was pissed was an understatement...

"Fucking hell!" I screamed as I vigorously scratched the back of my head.