Some Science and Magic

||Third Person||

Aselith walked along the path of the bustling streets of a large town that bordered the west and south dominion of Alcrya. It was busy not only because it was a center of commerce, but it was also particularly crowded because of frequent riots causing a bunch of revolutionaries and soldiers to amass in a city.

He observed the countless people being beaten up and suppressed by guards with tall rectangular shields, and the people that stood up and fought back causing the riot to partially turn into a street fight.

Averting his gaze, he continued to walk and cut to a corner, his steps getting faster and terse while sliding past the countless soldiers that walked past him who were to aid the riots, except some of them were revolutionaries too, in disguise.

After some walking, he arrived at a large house he was familiar with. A house that was two stories tall, the first floor completely made of stone bricks while the upper story was made with a combination of white cement and thin wooden frames that partially stuck out, the roofs were navy blue and steep.

"You always find ways to make yourself stand out. You're both terrifying and dumb." Aselith remarked before knocking on the door twice. He then patiently waited while his hands were in his pockets and whistling in front of the doorstep.

Seconds later a man, an old man with black wavy hair with white strands that was combed to the left opened the door. His crimson red eyes were covered with a pair of round glasses and his gaze was somewhat annoyed. Despite his age, he stood perfectly fine and proud, with only a few parts of his skin creasing and his body was overall in an optimal condition.

"I didn't expect you to pay a visit." The man said neutrally surprised by his brother's sudden arrival.

"Well, let us go in and talk about why I'm here, yes?" Aselith hugged his brother tightly and lifted him off his feet while the door behind them automatically closes.

Taking off his long leather trench coat and placing it on a coat rack, Aselith let his long bleached silver hair frame his face as its waviness roamed around his neck and head, removing his artifact he revealed his four-set of horns that all stuck out like a crown on his head. He removed the white mask he had and stored it in his ring exposing his blue eyes and his sharp face.

"You never cease to amaze me, Hugo." Aselith praised his younger brother as he scanned the marvelous house filled with glass tubes and beakers, some connected through each other by an elastic glass pipe, some were separated by containers while some were tucked away in shelves along with a massive chalkboard and books that stacked on the floors.

"Wanna try?" Hugo held a small round flask that contained a liquid.

"What is it?" Aselith asked as he chugs in the concoction without hesitation, he cleared his throat and swiped his mouth with his arm.

"It's a combination of Weeping Willow tree barks and water," Hugo said coolly as he fixated the bridge of his glasses causing light to flicker in his lenses.

"A Willow tree contains the chemical Saliciniate. I used to remember father making me chew on the bark of these when I had a painful wound when we were children." Aselith warmly recalled his past.

"Well it took me a while, but using mana purified water as well as combining it with Golden Ginger that was turned into powder I have managed to make a quite effective painkiller that takes only three whole cups," Hugo explained enthusiastically.

"Interesting.", Aselith said studying some of the liquid that was still in the flask "What are calling this one?"

"Painkillers, I guess?" Hugo shrugged, the former didn't have the energy to think of a name that bested Painkillers so he shrugged back at his brother.