Frostbite II

||Arthur Leywin||

We were currently stationed at Attrimu, at a standby waiting for Virion's command to press the attack.

I stood on top the tallest tower that was on the city, to my west stood the frozen Mirror Lake and to my right was the base of the mountain range that separated Sapin in half.

I could only see things clearly with the help of augmenting my eyes with aether, the blizzard was as cold as the heart of the Northern god's when the warden of Summer died, I always liked that story. It showed that not all fairytales had a happy ending, best part is it was taught to kids.

"Long time no see, old friend." I hear a familiar feminine voice behind me.

"It's only been a short period, did you miss me that much already?" I turned my back and saw Caera who was in a thick patch of clothing. She always hated the cold despite being somewhat resilient with it.

"Well, you're someone I've been with for quite some time. Back at Alcrya I never had any friends outside of the maids in the manor." She recalled.

"You disguised as Haedrig and have met some ascenders. Those you bonded with the closest are the ones who die the fastest." I continued where she left off.

"I'm surprised that you remember that story." She said pursing a tight smile.

"I'm as surprised as you are." I replied as I had no response to think of.

"I've scavenged some of the documents found hidden in parts of Ashber and Marlow. You're going to have to see this." She pulls out a thick patch of letters and files that were strapped around a cord.

I removed the strap and let the documents suspend in the air using wind magic. Since the wind was blowing upward I recieved a disdainful stare from Caera as I playfully blasted some icy gusts to her face.

"There's a reason why I'm wearing this kind of clothing, Grey." She deadpanned me.

"It's just a couple of gusts." I defended myself.

"It's weird seeing you this energetic, I'm having a hard time adjusting from the cold demeanor you had back then." She admitted with a sigh.

"Oh, so you like it when I act cold to you?" I walk up to her as she took a few steps back.

She didn't reply as I was pretty close to her face, she only turned away with a tinge of pinkness in her face and said...

"Just read the documents."

"To my suprise their plan is both working out and stabbing them in the back." I remarked after I skimmed through the documents detailing their plan.

"So does that mean that we're walking to their accord?" She asked me with a curious look.

"Yes and no, their trap doesn't work but we are walking towards it so I'll give them that." I replied to her leaning on the tower's embrasure.

"You seem so confident about your plan here." She replied with a smirk.

"I'm happy that Agrona underestimates me, and kind of infuriated that he's wasting countless lives for his own personal gain." My mood shifted halfway through my statement.

"They've already attacked on Valden, where do you think would they attack next?" Caera quizzed me.

I pondered for a moment, if I were on Agrona's shoes where would I send a surprise attack at?

As I stood idle the whispers of the blizzard rang in my ears as the cold breath of the mountains tap on my skin, the snow creating a second layer on top of me only to dissolve in the warmth of the aether and mana that surrounds my entire body.