As The Two Sides Prepare

||Arthur Leywin||

Good everyone is here, except for Tess but that's a given. They all looked at me confused, and for good reason.

"We're all currently at the outskirts of Ashbern a couple of kilometers behind enemy lines. But nothing too special." I informed them. 

As expected I received uncomfortable stares at all of them, I stared back with an awkward gaze and a small grin.

"Here to pick up your princess?" I hear Seris' voice on my left.

Claire and the rest were immediately startled and went to a fighting stance.

"Relax guy, this is Seris, a scythe and a good friend. The world isn't black and white you know?" I said trying to alleviate the tension and signaling them to put down their guards.

"Don't worry, even if I turn my back against you Arthur here would kill me without me being able to lift a finger." She reassured in an odd way "About Tessia, she's currently training herself in the mountains." She pointed her finger towards the Sierra Madre mountainrange.

"Her only?" I asked.

"She has Clyrit with her. Despite her mastery at wind and plant her ability to harness soul fire is that of a low retainer's power."

How's Cecilia and Tess doing? I ask her telepathically

Fortunately ever since Cecilia pried the strange artifact at her nape she was able to constantly keep tabs on Tessia, due to this her body has now stabilized to an optimal condition. They're both in an agreement with each other. As for being able to switch between Tessia and Cecilia further study and practice is required, she summarized her research.

As long as everything's fine it'll be ok, I said my tone now more relaxed.

"When do you think does mama arrive?" Sylvie asked tugging my cape.

"She'll arrive any second now..." Seris responded wagging her finger in the air.

A portal appeared out of thin air, and the bitter winds of the north followed. Tessia exited first then Clyrit, and the portal dispersed.

"Hey!" Tessia grinned at us waving hello.

I responded in a calm matter, but the three girls quickly ran and tackled Tessia that they made her topple over. After a brief moment of reconciliation we got ourselves back to an orderly matter.

"Thank you for taking care of her Seris." Claire said bowing down which was followed by Kathlyn who nodded vigorously.

"Ah please, skip the formality. We're all friends here doing this for the greater good of our respective lands." Seris said giggling and shaking her hands.

"You better get back to Alcrya now then. Your loyal followers are waiting for you." I said to her.

"Ah that reminds me, there are quite a few moles in our army as well. I shall send you the list of my associates, Arthur please try not to kill them." 

"Relax, I'm not a sadist." I retorted.

"You're a masochist!" Sylvie followed up pointing at me, causing everyone to turn their heads and hold their laughter. I turned to them with an annoyed face 

"What a proper parting gift then-" I turned back to see Seris and Clyrit vanish from thin air as the portal that appeared slowly evaporated in the air.

"Now that we're all really here, let's now begin on the briefing." I said clasping my hands and activating "Draconian Shift" making a portal that consumed us and transport us to the outskirts of Valden city.

"Lance Leywin!" A soldier saluted at our arrival at the west main gate. It was only proper to salute back and we proceed to enter the city.

"The whole thing is kept confidential so Meliquis insisted that we borrow some rooms in one of his father's inns." I said to them turning my head as we walk on the bustling streets of Valden.

.
.
.

"Finally, a nice warm bed!" said Curtis as she landed face flat on a small bed and rolled on it.

"Have you been sleeping at hay stacks?" Claire questioned at him.

"I think him sleeping at hay stacks is the best treatment he had during his times back then." Kathlyn quipped which made Ellie giggle a bit.

"Have you already talked to mom?" I asked Ellie as I pat her back.

"Yeah I did. She wished us a good luck and a prayer." 

"Well, get yourselves confident in your respective rooms. Me, Curtis and Grawder will stay here, the rest go to the other room. I'll start briefing you all at ten minutes and we'll begin training after that."