Reunion

||Virion Eralith||

I stood there frozen in place and so are my troops. We were all awed by such a sight displayed right before our eyes. It was like the world was going to end, I didn't know what to do and my mind was scrambling at the possibilities of what happens next.

The Alcryan main assault was wiped out.

Maybur might be already free to take.

And maybe the man is on our side.

But my mind was full of might's and maybe's.

Then, the man turned to face us once again. Something strange happened, the vast space between us was immediately erased and I was standing there with him, I should've felt shock, I could've readied my guard and try to desperately fight him even though I knew I wouldn't be able to be.

But I dropped my sword and caressed the man's face with my shaking hands, his features might've changed. But his face and aura was one of many that was ingrained on my mind everyday for the last eight months.

"How..." I trailed off. Immediately tackling the man and hugging him as tight as my arms could.

He patted my back gently as I try to suppress my faint sobs.

"I'm home." Was his response. His voice was naturally deeper, but it was glad to hear him again.

"Welcome back, you brat."

||Arthur Leywin||

"I'm back gramps. Better than ever." I lightly chuckle as tears formed in my eyes.

"Arthur, is that really you?" I hear him sob in tears "You've changed a lot."

"It really is me gramps. I'll tell you how I got this later." I chuckled lightly as I hugged him tightly

"So" He released his warm hug from me "How was your adventure? And you do have Tessia with you right?"

My eyes were immediately filled with an uncomfortable sensation. He might die of shock when he hears it.

"Tessia, is not with me as of now." Was my reply, it felt bitter to say but I can't lie to him right now.

 "Tess, is in a very complicated situation. As of now were trying to regulate her body to its normal state, I'll speak with this more later when things have been resolved."

"I see, very well then. Now with the plan...." I could feel the sadness in his voice, don't worry gramps, we'll get her back. I promise.

He's changed a lot too, deep eyebags surrounded both of his eyes. His hair was as stormy as Gideon's. I could only imagine how pale and thin he's gotten when he removes his armor.

.
.
.
.

||Virion Eralith's ||

"I... see now." My heart was heavy when Arthur explained to me Tessia's current condition.

 "Since they can be trusted I shall make preparations for them to be welcomed here, although you and I know this is going to take some time since, you know." I sighed deeply. At least she's safe with people Arthur trusts.

"Yeah, I understand. I'll inform of this to them later on."

We walked on the fields outside Kalberk City as a siege was underway, thanks to Arthur we managed to sweep the entire western part by combining the forces stationed at Slore and Talmore. A fresh regiment also arrived in the front that helped with the logistics.

I listened to his fascinating story and how hesurvived at the continent and lived off as another person, he was certainlydifferent from when he was only a white core lance.

"So, life on the other side isn't that different here." Unnamed blood, treated like dirt by a noble family, being a professor, having to change his identity...

"Technically it is, but at the end of the day we're all just people who fightnot because they hate what's in front of them, but they love what's behindthem." He smiled warmly

"You've grown wiser Arthur." I smiled

"I've always been this wise gramps."

"Hah! I couldn't disagree with that." We continued to walk, and as I lookedinto his core I began to notice something different "Boy, I've never heard of a mana core beyond white at all." 

"Yeah, I don't know if you can sense it but as of now my mana core is light blue and has cracks on it." 

"Interesting, do you think Tess would be able to do something like this?"

'Well, sadly that's something I can't explain for now." Arthur sighed and placed his hands behind his head.

We continued to walk and notice a red bolt of flame came from the inner city,the siege was a success.

"Say Arthur, I know it's a bit aloof for me to say this but.." I stopped mywalking and turned to him.