That Fateful Day I

||3rd Person||

Orcrad stood atop of the wooden walls that served as the protection for any mana beast that dared to wander near the haven of adventurers. But when the war broke out became nothing but a cage, so it had to be abandoned as the wall that divided the continent in half was being constructed. However, it was recently discovered that Zumir and its sister outpost had an advantage that was overlooked by both sides alike. 

And now it's the only thing that Dicathen's fate hangs on.

The dry wind of the night brushed through the dwarven general's proud beard that spilled on his chest. He was holding a flask containing whatever sort of alcohol he found lying around. He was enjoying his time alone while observing at the far distance despite the far horizon being blanketed by the evening.

"You know, cheap booze isn't going to satisfy you no matter how many flasks you drink." From his behind, Shultz announced his presence to his friend.

"Cheap booze, expensive wine, exotic alcohol, anything that puts a fire in my throat will be good enough." He replied with a jolly voice.

Shultz chuckled, after that only silence followed up the two as they observe the starry skies.

"Do you think the men are ready?" Shultz asked as he turned behind, troops were patrolling across the outpost with high alert. Light-emitting artifacts illuminated the marshy ground that served as a sort of moat for Zumir, ensuring that no Alcryan can creep in the shadows. 

"You're asking a drunk man on his opinion on such things." His dwarven companion retorted.

"A drunkard, yeah right. For all, I know you can drink the entire continent's supply of alcohol and still be sober." Shultz suddenly snatched Orcrad's flask and began to gulp down the remaining contents.

Orcrad only stared with confusion and he didn't have any time to react as his drink was quickly chugged by Shultz when he was savoring its every drop.

"Don't worry, I owe you one." Shultz quipped as he gave his friend a goody-two-shoes smile.

"You bet your ass you do," Orcrad grumbled, downcast.

"Yeah," Shultz's voice trailed off as he begin reaching for something in his dimensional ring. Lo and behold a bottle of fine wine appeared in his hands.

"I'll take that." Orcrad brightly grabbed the bottle of wine and opened the top, sending the cork flying away as he took big gulps of the premium wine produced in the vineyards of Maine.

"And I will be taking your post," Shultz followed up.

"Well, I bade you a goodnight." Orcrad began walking to the wooden stairs.

"I hope you have a great slumber." Shultz saw the dwarf hoist his arm that was holding the wine before turning back and patrolling the settlement under his stern and watchful eye.

Tomorrow will be the deciding factor for the outcome of this war; For the Dicathians, winning this will ensure a safe flank that would guarantee the progress being done by the soldiers who are at Sapin; For the Alcryans, winning this would be the first, and biggest victory they have ever done since the start of Operation Javelin.

.

.

.

"Lieutenant, the troops have been assembled. All are ready to fight for his high sovereign." A young captain announced to his superior.

Noah nodded before slamming the small dagger he twirled around his hands to the wooden table in front of him.

"What is the estimated body count?" His coarse and baritone voice made the young captain's ears rumble.