Surprise Attack

||Third Person||

A soldier stood atop of the walls scouting the horizon and watching out like a guardian of the town. It was only an hour into the fight but the Dicathians have managed to break the town's defenses and overrun the defenders who used brutal house-to-house combat.

It wasn't Meliquis' intention but some of the structures had to be blown to smithereens, especially the vital ones that held a massive force of persistent Alcryans.

Clouds of smoke dotted the town, the rotting blood and the stinking corpses of both sides, albeit most being Alcryans, were ravaged by birds that circled the lifeless bodies. It was short but brutal. They were about to repair and reorganize until the watchful soldier spotted something in the horizon.

A horde of men all dressed in jet-black armor that contrasted the golden rays of the sun. They marched and as they did made the earth below them tremble and quake. The plethora of men all formed in rectangular positions with a sea of shields in front, while the people with swords and other various weapons stood behind them.

It wasn't only one man that noticed this and many frantically reached for the pockets on their right side. From their they pulled out a crystal made of a black and ominous aura, using their augmented hands they broke it and it sent of deafening shrieks that echoed throughout the entire settlement conveying a message that tells them something bad is about to come.

"It seems like his hunch was right." Meliquis stated to Sylvie as she nodded once.

"The Alcryans possess countless bodies to throw at us, we kill one and five will most likely replace their fallen." Sylvie replied to him, her opal eyes faintly glowing.

She hopped on a roof gracefully and dashed with all her might to the walls of the town which were somewhat damaged during the siege, along the way countless other soldiers began fortifying the defenses as best as they can and some climbed up the walls.

||Sylvie||

"So what do we have here?" I tapped a soldier in his shoulder causing him to quickly turn as he was startled.

"We're experiencing what seems to be a counterattack. Although what's strange is that they're just standing there." He was right, as a matter of fact. They all just stood, not moving like statues.

"We can't hesitate now. We need to kill them!" An elf drew his bow and fire arrows manifested around him, one automatically placing itself on the bow.

"If they're standing there that means they have something planned out, we can't resort to anything yet." I told the elf to stand down.

"So are we just going to let these bastards stay alive unscathed, those fuckers killed my family!" The elf broke down to tears and his hands began shaking.

"If you draw that bow I'll be the one who's going to kill you. So it's either you stand down or the last thing you'll see is iron bars in a dungeon somewhere." I warned him.

"And yeah? You are you anyway?" He protested, questioning my authority.

"She's with me, not under my direct rule but still has the same power I hold." Bairon entered the seen causing the elf to reluctantly deactivate his spell as he trembled in Bairon's presence.

"Conjurers! Set up anti-magic barriers NOW!" Bairon exclaimed causing people to flood in and form a massive barrier that protects our front.

"Maybe they want to talk?" I suggested a silly idea.

"Maybe, maybe not. Only one way to find out." Bairon surprisingly took my idea seriously and was about to jump off the walls and dash through the enemy lines.

"You're a suicidal maniac." I remarked to him.