Two More Steps

||Arthur Leywin||

I walked through the empty cavern which almost seemed like an extension to the world earlier, maybe Regis was right this relictomb must be unfinished, the barrier that forbids asuras to trespass usually begins at the mouth. The only thing resonating in this isolated zone is the pitter-patter of water droplets and a subtle but very distinguishable droning of the air.

After a few steps of walking, I breathed in and out, letting my body feel the abundance of pure aether around me.

I saw thousands of aetheric paths that spiraled in all directions. But with a single command, one thread glowed brighter among the others. 

I activated Godstep and my entire physique warped through space from one point to the other. I kept doing this several times, to exercise my control over such a skill.

'Do you think he was a Djinn?' Regis asked.

Finally a conversation.

'Maybe, I don't know.' I said, internally shrugging.

"Though, strangely, his body is made up entirely of pure aether with a mana core, don't you think?" He jutted his head out of my core and turned to face me.

"Yeah, it is." I breathed out.

Regis frowned, and I could feel disappointment leak out of him.

"Hey, princess. I'm tired of always carrying on conversations, plus I'm very bored by how slow your progress is. Please fucking hurry along because we need a stick to shove a lizard's ass on." He ranted impatiently.

"A lizard and a dragon." I snickered, correcting.

I searched for the longest threads of aetheric paths that were available for me, sending out multiple pulses of aether, still in my control, in each to act as eyes to figure out which passage was the most optimal to take, an exploit that I have accidentally stumbled upon before.

After mere seconds of concentrating I found a single passage that seemed to have light at the end of the string, instinctively I went for this path.

Purple lightning coursed throughout my skin before I was sent outside of the cavern in a blink of an eye. The bright light assaulted me as my eyes tried to adjust to the glaring rays.

However, once I did my jaw dropped and my eyes widened at the sight that astounded me, it was beyond understanding.

'What in the...' Regis added.

It was a sight to behold, indeed.

||Cecilia||

*Thwack*

The sound of the wooden blade crashing on the ground made my knees weak as my body begins to release the tension.

I collapsed to the floor, kneeling, sending loose blades of grass bending as I desperately gasped for air. Beads of sweat rolled down my face like a waterfall, my hands tingling in the pain. But despite all of this, I was proud.

"Good job, Tess." Claire congratulates me with a smile plastered on her face.

"Thanks, although I have a long way to go," I admitted sheepishly.

"Don't worry about it," She pulled me up, my tired body resting on her shoulders, "Though, I am surprised you have a very solid knowledge of fencing. My question is why to approach me when we have Curtis?"

"I-um, guess you can say more comfortable with you," I said, scratching my cheek.

"You flatter me too much, princess." She rolled her eyes, chuckling at me.