Before Tomorrow

||Third Person||

"Are you done?" Gideon questioned Arthur as he stood up from the floor.

"Yes, and I believe this shall complete our transaction." He reached out for his pocket and pulled out a large sack containing a pile of empty mana cores as well as a small flask containing liquidated mana and aether.

"It was convenient that I kept these around. Looks like they have a new owner now." Arthur rubbed a core as if trying to polish it.

"Are these beast cores?" Gideon pointed at the transparent spheres.

"Human cores, better at absorbing mana mainly because I cracked them before repairing them again. I also emptied the cores and removed the impurities. Just let me know if you want some of them to be filled with mana." Arthur's response made Gideon's face pale in color and a cold shiver to run throughout his entire body.

"T-thanks, I should not have asked. Also, remind me to not get on your bad side." Gideon commented with a quavering voice.

Arthur chuckled in response which translated to a subtle hint of sly intent in the ears of Artificer. 

The young lance grabbed three large leather bags from Gideon's office and placed them on his extra-dimensional storage.

"Until we meet again, good luck with your endeavors, may the blessed earth be with you." The Artificer wished him as they both bid farewell to each other, Arthur made a portal manifest in front of him, walking in front of it before vanishing before Gideon's vision.

.
.
.
.

"Suit up, we gotta look our best tomorrow. You'll also all be in the limelight so prepare for any gawking soldiers when we walk up to the camp." Arthur's sudden arrival at the training area startled his comrades, except for Sylvie and Regis who were expecting his arrival.

The group stopped what they were doing and approached Arthur's position. Arthur pulled out three large objects from his storage, they all touched the ground making a thump causing a small amount of dust to rise from the ground.

With a shinning look in his eyes, Arthur opened all of the leather bags, which were large and bulky similar to a barrel.

The whole group was mesmerized at the set of gears and uniforms in front of them: The dark green military uniforms with olive ends was accompanied by sets of dark green trousers, black gloves that were said to fit the size of the wearer, standard Dicathian military light boots,  and small black pins that had a symbol of a sword.

"Claire Bladeheart." Arthur recited her name as he handed her a uniform and a rapier, the blade was made of black metal, an element that is known for its heat resistance, as well as high sensitivity to fire mana, the guard and the pommel, were composed of elegant gunmetal silver and the handle mahogany-brown in color.

"Curtis Glayder." He tossed him a uniform which Curtis quickly caught as he sat atop of his bond, Grawder. His sword was similar to Claire's in terms of composition and materials, but he was an "Arming Sword" with a ruby jewel on its guard which Arthur said would help him imbue lightning on the sword easier.

"Eleanor Leywin." Her eyes brightened and she jittered like a small child about to receive a gift. A uniform, as well as a slender black, recurve bow made of Elshire Pine trees, known for their lightweight and durability properties, with a small gemstone on the grip was her present from her brother.

"The Gemstone works like a dimensional storage ring, it's an experimental storage item made by Emily Watsken, a great artificer. Specified storage that only allows arrows to be stored, it only works on standard mana arrows and ordinary arrows, unfortunately." Arthur explained to her sighing.

"It's still a pleasant present." Ellie whistled as he drew the bow, augmenting the strings for increased power. She released and the wind trailed behind the string which made a smile that was plastered to her face.

Boo also had a gratified expression and rubbed Arthur as a sign of thanks, to which he replied with pleasing scratches on Boo's neck.

"Kathlyn Glayder and Tessia Eralith." He called out the names of the two final people. Their gear additional equipment was that their gloves were made so that the wearer did not need a wand or staff to enhance or cast their skills.

Arthur conjured earthen shells around his teammates with an opening at the top so that they could get the necessary privacy as they changed their uniforms.

"Damn, you guys look sick," Arthur said, impressed by the finesse the gear brought to his comrades. 

"I second that emotion," Sylvie added as she kept nodding in amazement.

They looked around and saw for themselves, complimenting each other on how the uniforms suited them. Arthur had a big grin on his face, he was standing like a proud parent who was witnessing the growth of his children and this was remarked to him by Regis.

"You look handsome on that." Ellie complimented Curtis, his response was he sheepishly complimented back.

Meanwhile, Arthur was thwacked in the head by Sylvie as his sentiment began to crawl on her.

"Chill out." Regis wedged in from Arthur's core.

"I look nice too right?" Arthur questioned his little sister.

"Eh," Ellie replied to his brother, recalling how she was called ugly by him when he was in the infirmary of Xyrus.

"Well, smile and wave for the people at the northern camp," Arthur grumbled in defeat as a portal appeared in front of him that engulfed the whole group and sent them all to an encampment some distance west from Valden City.

"Lance Arthur Leywin!" The guard of the camp stationed near Dralsk saluted, intimidated by Arthur's presence as well as the presence of Boo and Grawder who were behind the group.

"At ease." He saluted back at the soldier.

"Your tents will be near the middle, close to Supreme General Uten." He turned to his friends and they nodded in response.

A portal appeared on his right side and Sylvie inched closer to Arthur.

"Where are you guys going?" Curtis asked.

"The encampment at Okurd, I'm gonna have a final discussion with Virion and Supreme General Meliquis." He said before walking in the portal to be followed by Sylvie, just in time as Space-bending egress closed behind her.

||Elleanor Leywin||

The guard let us in the entrance of the camp which was hidden somewhere in the tall grasses of Valden's valley, which was underground as to not suspect any enemy scouts. 

Like brother said we were immediately met with some gazes from the infantrymen who were stationed at the camp.

"They must be the new squad."

"I hear that their power is just below the lances."

"No way, young mages like them?"

"Yes, and keep your voice down man they might hear us."

I heard murmurs and impressed mutters from the crowd as we walked along with the camp, predictably none of my other teammates were fazed by this and continued to walk the cavern as if nothing is happening around them.

Suddenly a warm hug caught me by surprise which almost made me trip, which was followed by a pat in the head and Helen's plead to not suffocate me.

"I missed you guys." I said to the Twin Horns with Angela still hugging me gently.

"We missed you too, Ellie. You've really grown." Durden warmly complimented me.

"Your bond too." Helen gently rubbed the bridge of Boo's nose as he bellowed softly.

"Princess Tessia!" The group bowed in unison as Tessia turned and approached me.

"Please, call me Tess." She replied bashfully.

The Twin Horns followed up with the rest of the squad, getting along pretty well with Curtis and Kathlyn as we settle in for the night.

It was heartwarming to see them, but the group would never be the same without Jasmine. 

A tear escaped from my eye as my mind recalled the bitter memories of the past. Why did she have to go? Why couldn't it be me? Why was I left alive at that day? 

"What's wrong? Ellie, are you okay?" Tess must've heard my faint sobs inside the tent.

"Ah, the dust in my eyes." I quickly made up a reason, which I was very bad at.

"Don't worry, I'm right here. It's ok." She hugged me tightly and consolidated me, her warmth reminds me of mom.

.