As Winter Settles In

||Virion Eralith||

'It's already the tenth day of Operation Javelin, time does fly so fast, the frost had already begun its icy downpour two days ago, as expected the air was freezing but luckily we had the necessary supplies to keep most of us warm. Those that didn't were simply buried in the snow's cold tombs.

The Northern front has already been cleared out from Attrimu to Ashbern before winter had arrived, there were reports from the captured prisoners that the Alcryans treated them somewhat 'humanely'. Of course, this came with another edge to it, those that were kept alive were people who had yellow cores or stages above. Even if it was a child, as long as it didn't meet that single requirement they were immediately executed. Of the ten thousand prisoners taken by them, only five hundred were kept alive, the bodies of the nine thousand five hundred are yet to be found.

There was also the discovery of a single thin road that connected Etitsin to Ashbern and a small port that was both disposed of easily to prevent any more headaches. 

We have already pushed back the Alcryans from the outlying settlements, with the help of Sylvie and Regis we were practically evening the manpower we lacked to the power we have. It's tragic seeing thousands of men from the other side charging at us blindly like a pack of madmen, but every time they do they always gain my respect as they all had the bravery of a true soldier.

It won't be long until Arthur stages a breakthrough in Attrimu to finally connect the North and Southern front as we push to Etitsin. Until then, the weather is bitter as to what's to come. 

Arthur already made his choice, I'm afraid he also made mine.' 

I finished writing on a page in my journal and I tucked it away in my storage ring, I closed the lid of the bottle of ink and dried the quill of any ink residue before placing them.

"Commander Virion, may I please borrow some of your time?" I hear Sylvie's voice from outside of my tent.

"Please do, I'm sure it's something I would want to hear," I replied giving her permission to enter the tent.

She flicked her wrist and sent the entrance levitating revealing the cold and harsh weather outside before its noise was muffled with the tent closing leaving us with the cozy sensation of my abode.

"The Northern Front has already begun preparations for an offensive, Arthur said it might take them at least a week to get things up and running again." She reported.

"I see, tell him to take their time and ensure everything else is done before we do an offensive. His spies called again, they said that the Alcryans are having a hard time with the winter as much as we are. Winter hit a little too early, it both served as a blessing and a curse." I stated to her.

"Understood, commander." She said before she stood silently like a doll.

"Done, and that will be all." Sylvie was quick with relaying my message to Arthur, it was handy that she was around, using scrolls or mirrors to communicate with each other was a pain in the ass as the storms were so harsh that it took hours for each one to communicate with one another. 

The snow is too thick to let the mana go on easily I could only imagine how cold it would be up there. The Northern region, after all, is sandwiched between two mountain ranges.

"Can you ask how cold it is up there?" I requested to Sylvie as she was about to exit the tent.

"Arthur said that he's trying his best to keep the other's warm. He isn't feeling the cold, but he said that the others can barely keep up even with all the equipment they had." She replied after standing still for a while.