A Pleasant Day

||Alice||

He, he looks different from what I remembered. He's changed a lot, not a trace of what he was before except for his deepened voice and hairstyle remained. But still, he's my own son raised by me and Rey, nothing will change that. Even if he came back as a girl, as a beast, as anything else. I wouldn't change the fact that he still is someone I hold dearest.

"Does, this appearance make you uncomfortable." Arthur asked me as he slowly patted my head.

"Not a slightest, I don't care what you look. I'M MORE CONCERNED THAT YOU'RE ALIVE DAMN IT!" I continue to hug him as tight as I could as tears began flowing down my eyes like a waterfall. I sobbed loudly and it felt like I embraced Arthur for hours, weeping and sniffing loudly.

"I miss you, Art." Was the only words I can muster due to my shaking breath.

"I miss you more mom." 

If only Rey was here, no he's here alright. He's always here with us. 

I released him from my hug and patted his arms, smiling weakly. He chuckled a bit, maybe confused on what I just did.

"You're growing to tall for me to properly hug you now. I'm worried if you're gonna fit inside the house." I laughed as I place my hand on my mouth.

"I could always try this." He said, purple mist suddenly appeared in the air and was drawn in him, he shrank and was now three centimeters shorter than me.

"Too short, I was used to you being taller than me." I responded with my smile not disappearing from my face. I fiddled with his long wheat-colored hair, his hair was silky despite being wavy.

Just like Rey's hair when his was long. His hair was as long as a girl's, and with his thinner frame I wouldn't be surprised if he gets mistaken to be a princess if people looked on him from the behind.

"I should probably get my hair cut shouldn't I?" He laughed and scratched the back on his head.

"Yeah you should, the fact that you look like you haven't bathed for three days says a lot about your hygiene young man." 

"Sorry about that mom, but hey now that I'm here. I can finally be comfortable and worry less, speaking of which Ellie-"

Ah there she is.

After some time we got inside the house, which was a nice timing since lunch was already cooked. The two of them sat down on the table with plates and utensils they prepared as I was lifting a small pot containing stew. 

Ever since we learned how to grow livestock and plants using magic underground the city was becoming more and more self-sustaining and the fact that the river was enlarged and irrigations and expansions were made the city was becoming more and more grand like Xyrus despite a short amount of time.

||Arthur Leywin||

I'm finally home. I feel, warm and comfortable. After what seemed to be hours of talking and eating they finally knew my side of the story. I could see a hint of sorrow in their eyes as I recall all the memories I locked out of my mind, hoping to never visit them again. 

Alaric, he didn't deserve it; Those children, they also didn't deserve to be sent to the frontlines like how we were sent to war in a short notice. I pried away myself from the thoughts I had to revisit.

"There's no point in lamenting anymore. Anyways, let's talk about other things shall we?" I clasped my hands and smiled. It was awkward at first but after some time we got back again to being cheerful. 

After the meal Regis decided to show up and greet my family. At first they confused him as Sylvie but laughed at the idea and warmly welcomed him, thanking Regis for being with me when I stayed at Alcrya. 

"I didn't know you were able to do that!" I exclaimed turning my back and standing up from my chair.

"It's a thing I've been practicing for quite a while. Kinda like how Boo does it." Sylvie said as she appeared right in behind me in her human form.

"Ellie, you've grown!" Sylvie approached Ellie with admiration. I'll admit it was proud seeing Ellie grow, I was just sorry that she had to go through all that tough stuff. I hope it doesn't affect her that much in the future as mental scars tend to stick.

I'm sorry to tell you, but it most likely will. Regis was right, its a reality I will have to face a tinge of regret forms but it was quickly suppressed by the atmosphere the girls were giving off.

"Enough about me, you've grown too!" Ellie replied squishing Sylvie's cheeks. She examined Sylvie with great interest and delight, I'm glad she still has the same glowing personality.

I smiled at the scene unfolding. The two were now closer and acted like reconciled sisters, I was patted by my mom. I hope this moment lasts forever.

But I know I have things to do. 

How about we enjoy the day for now, eh princess? I'm getting tired of all this war so why don't we ease it up a bit?

Yeah, you're right.

Without hesitation Regis jumped out of my core in his original form. Ellie and Mom were taken a back to see such a ferocious beast jump out of nowhere, looks like I have more explaining to do...

.

.

.

"So mom, is there a place you know where I could get my hair cut?" I asked as I wipe the water out of the soap-soaked dishes.

"Hm, I don't really think we have a barber shop in this city. But there might be one in Blackbend or Cam." 

"Well, I'll see to it. I'll also take Ellie with me so that I don't get lost." 

"Have fun." She warmly replied with a smile brimming from ear to ear.

You're mom's hot by the way, did I mention that?

What the fuck Regis. I said to him mentally as I turn around with a face full of repugnance and confusion

I could feel Sylvie's ominous stare piercing at Regis' sleeping figure.

It was a compliment, why are people so sensitive these days? Regis asked defensively as he huffed.

Only the three of us knew the situation and the other two looked at us confused.

You're too dangerous to be kept alone with Alice. Do something funny and I'll cut of Arthur's right arm until you won't be able to grow back.

Relax, I don't even like moms my dear niece. I'm just implying that my master's mother is beautiful.

*sigh* And here I thought I'll be able to relax like you said.

Yeah yeah whatever, go get your haircut. It'll be nice for you to take a breather.

"I'll be going now, mom. Ellie come with me, I might get lost again." I tucked in my hands and waved goodbye to mom at the door.

The trip to the surface was nothing short of enchanting, it was interesting how they managed to build an intricate tunnel network in the span of just eight months. And there are even more to be built, though I would render them as obsolete after the war, unfortunately.

After a short amount of walking we finally arrived at the entrance of Cam city which was known for it's tall tower overlooking the city and the nearby village of Choru, which was the exit of the tunnel. Due to my unusual physique I could feel the amount of glares I received from people, I was even stopped by a couple of guards but I waved them off by simply presenting them a ring of a lance.

As me and Ellie walked at the stone streets towards the city I was suddenly pulled into a bear hug by a bulky figure and soon strangled by a woman with her hug. 

"Your hugs still strangle me you know." I said with a tight voice as I was barely able to breath by the inhuman amount of pressure that was produced.

"We held a funeral for you, you know?" Helen's eyes were teary.

"I missed you guys." 

(A/N: The story is gonna slow down at least two more chapters because I want Arthur to see how big his buddies have grown despite my clear mediocrity in writing lmao. I'll definitely not have them in 4-5 days apart in releases so I don't drag the story out that much, but I have a little surprise for you guys that I hope you'll enjoy in the upcoming chapters because its only the beginning after all)