A Short Sparring Session

||3rd Person||

Sylvie, Aya, Varay and Mika were all standing at a safe distance to observe the battle. Sylvie had conjured a thick barrier around them, they were all tense despite being spectators.

"His mana core, I can't feel it." Remarked Varay with a surprised expression.

"Do you think Bairon would last long enough?" Aya questioned.

Sylvie turned her head.

"He would only last if papa holds back." She added.

"He is Godspell after all.", Varay said impressed "He put me on the edge the last time we had a friendly spar. I don't think I'd even survive a second if he doesn't restraint himself."

On the battlefield however Bairon held his ground, trying to formulate a best approach. His eyes fixated on only Arthur, taking notice even the slightest movements. 

Arthur lowered his upper body and prepared to dash, he felt purple lightning surround his body a loud crackle boomed across the room and he disappeared before the eye could even blink and appeared behind Bairon.

The latter instantly turned when he couldn't see his opponent and managed to block Arthur's attack before it completely broke the mana barrier he had. He shoved Arthur away using his sword and as well as tampering his body with lightning.

That tingles, Regis reacted to the sudden jolt of electricity run through his and Arthur's entire body.

"You remind me of a person I met. He also used the same technique as you." Arthur said backing off, he could tell that Bairon significantly improved and refined his techniques in lightning magic.

"Sends a little shock to the enemy, catches them off guard." Bairon responded.

Arthur fortified his barrier by not only making it three layered but as well as making them space in between them vacuum. He approached Bairon again this time taking him seriously.

Arthur teleported to Bairon's right side preparing a downwards slash imbued with some destruction aether to which Bairon barely dodged it with his hair being cut by a bit. The ground where Bairon used to be cracked even though the blade didn't have contact with the ground.

Bairon wasn't surprised that Arthur was able to cut on him barrier like butter and he took the opportunity to strike at Arthur's exposed back.

To his correct calculation Arthur avoided the attack instead of parrying it with his sword, Arthur stepped backwards and raised his sword before teleporting three meters away.

"Don't like a little shock therapy?" Bairon said playfully at Arthur.

"I'll pass for now." The boy replied shooting back a smirk.

Bairon sheathe his sword and dashed forward, zooming in front of Arthur he pulled out his sword and unleashed a barrage of attacks towards Arthur. Similar to what he did to Varay he attacked Arthur from all directions, but unlike her Arthur didn't seem to have a hard time parrying his flurry of strikes and slashes.

He held back on his defenses earlier, observed Bairon as he saw Arthur not even flinching in his lightning imbued attacks. He snapped back from his thinking as he dodged and parried Arthur's quick succession of attacks. 

Their swords produced sparks as they contacted each other, they constantly switched from offense and defense taking turns on who attacks or defends. Arthur kept Bairon on his edged, making him slowly drain his mana reserves as he needed to keep his lightning augmented form to barely dodge Arthur attacks.

"They're getting along very well." Mika said as she observed small smiles on both Arthur and Bairon.

After a while Arthur managed to knock Bairon's sword out of his hand, which flipped and landed behind Arthur. Bairon backed up as he kept dodging Arthur's attacks he kept moving backwards until he was pinned to the wall.

Bairon took the risk and augmented his hands with lightning and catching Arthur's blade, he then released the energy from his hands causing Arthur's arms to recoil, he had an opening running and sliding below Arthur's blade that slashed sideways, just above his nose. 

He sprinted and got back his sword just as Arthur teleported in front of him. Due to his quick thinking he dodged Arthur and immediately bashed Arthur's side, hitting his barrier and making him slide to the left.

"I got that from you. The persistence to fight, I mean" remarked Bairon to his opponent. His breathing was now unsteady, sweat covered his face while Arthur hasn't broken a sweat yet.

Arthur proceeded to attack Bairon with much more speed that before, almost leaving only after images for Bairon to evade. He left no room for Bairon to react and counterattack, every block and parry he did would mean two hits from his already weakened barrier.

Bairon then propelled himself backwards to avoid him, laying down on his back and plundged his sword to the ground.

"How much were you holding back?" Bairon asked as he placed his arms on his knees standing up after catching his breath.

"I'll be honest. You only made me use two spells, a barrier, and teleportation. I also had to restraint Regis here in the amount of power input King's Blade has." Arthur replied reaching out his arm.

"Who's Regi-"

Before Bairon could finish his sentence he was cut off simply because Arthur's sword had seemingly morphed into a sentient wolf, which also caught the other lances off guard

"I've got a lot of catching up then. I lasted shorter to you than I did when Varay and I fought" Bairon replied with a defeated sign he grabbed his arm and they shook hands.

"I'm counting on it." Arthur replied at him. However he didn't let go and activated the first phase of his new will. Runes glowed across his body and thunder illuminated across his body, Bairon was worried for a while. But after some time he let go of Bairon's arm which made him question the latter's reason.

"It's a small gift that might help you." Was Arthur's only reply.

He checked his right hand, under it were some strange symbols in black ink. 

"I bestowed unto you a rune. You're know able to conjure or augment yourself with out Blue Lightning with half the mana needed, I'm sure you already have the "efficient mana consumption" part under control."

The three other lances looked with glimmering eyes at the powerful blue arc of lightning Bairon shot out, which was certainly more powerful. And then they looked on Arthur 

"Don't worry, I'll give you all a tattoo." Arthur said approaching the three "Hold out your hands, or turn your back, whatever works."