Rebuilding the Broken

||Virion Eralith||

"You're rebuilding the Disciplinary Committee?" I ask Arthur as we slowly tread the silent caves, my voice faintly echoing.

"Technically yes. But it's not really a Disciplinary Committee." He answered back clasping his hands together.

"And your reason? If you don't mind." I peered further into his ideals.

"When the time is right, I'll tell you. But for now, I'm just looking for proteges. People who I personally know that have the power to break through, people who I trust and hold close to my heart." His answer was cryptic, but the reasoning was there.

"I assume Tessia is a part of this." I said, still a bit disappointed at her absence.

"That's an automatic." He said reassuringly.

I wonder when I'll be finally able to meet her...

||Arthur Leywin||

I gently patted Claire on the head as she cried, come to think of it this does drain my reserves at a steady rate. I felt her warmth, it must've heartbreaking for her all this time to be helpless in the war effort. 

"I owe you." She muttered along with her thankfulness, her voice filled to the brim with gratitude.

"You don't owe me anything." I answered her with a gentle tone, as if a father consoling his child.

She released me from her tight hug, wiping away her tears and finally calming herself. Despite her face was red from the crying and trying to compose herself. I felt glad, my reserves were already half drained.

"I don't think it's fair. Please, I'll grant it if it's in my power." She insisted.

"Like I said, you're not indebt to me. However I do need you, actually not just you. I'll explain further in detail later, you don't have to worry about being AWOL Virion already signed the papers of your abrupt transfer." I informed her.

As space bends and follows my will a portal instantly materializes behind her, making a hum. I was getting better at creating portals and it now consumed less mana even at a height of ten meters. I was progressing fast, I also felt like I could create portals with a maximum length of 1/4 the whole continent. Although I haven't tested out this theory myself yet.

The portal moved and consumed Claire, and the world stopped being monochrome, the flashed of glass shards that signified the boundary of "Realm Divide" shattered. The world moved once more, before I too entered my portal as it instantly evaporates behind me.

||Claire Bladeheart||

My hair blew and covered my face as I was immediately met with the strong gusty winds of the mountains bordering Darv and Sapin. I gently touched the dancing tall grass blades as they winded and played around my fingers, the air was cold but not enough to freeze me. 

I turned around to see Arthur behind me and the portal behind him vanish his skin now cleared from any runes or scales that were imprinted on him, his eyes were now similar to his hair and with a tinge of blue. The wind now became nothing but a gentle breeze.

"You've change a lot." I said inspecting his entire physique like a doctor. His pale skin, thinner yet built frame, his silky cornflake hair and his golden eyes.

"I get that a lot." He replied back chuckling from my comment.

 The view was perfect from here, it overlooked the great steppe that provided the two symbiotic kingdoms the domesticated mana beasts responsible for carriages and daily life usage. The clouds were patched up and there were drizzling rain drops that followed the wind with the rays of the sun penetrating on some parts.

I sat on a flat surface, meditating and refining my rebuilt mana core. Taking a deep breath and concentrating only on the ambient mana surrounding me, as well as fire and wind that followed my call.

"You've change a lot." I said inspecting his entire physique like a doctor. His pale skin, 

"Quite a nice view right?" He asked sitting down on a slopped rock.

"Yeah, quite nice is here." I said, taking a deep breathe of fresh air. My mana core was already light yellow with a few cracks in it. Moreover there was this purple light that surrounded my core it was strange, but nonetheless intriguing.

"You know what, I change my mind." Arthur said clicking his tongue and standing up. I felt his hand behind my back "Please do me a favor, close your eyes and hold still." 

Arthur began chanting this foreign language, I then heard a book's pages turn rapidly until it stopped. I see blue light radiate behind me, I felt nauseous and my core was burning. It then cracked and I saw silver light escape and pretty soon my core was immediately boosted to mid silver stage.

"Will that be all?" I asked him standing up, I took a deep breath. Fire and wind mana revolve around me as I fiddled with them like a child in a field of fireflies revisiting the basics of mana manipulation along the way.

"I'm forming a small squad, a squad filled with close friends. Unlike the other lances with ten thousand troops at their disposal, I simply chose four other people that I know best will be the next generation of ground breaking mages." He explained to me redirecting some of the fire that revolved around me towards his stretched out palm making the flames burn bright blue, then dark purple before snuffing them out.

"And who will those four other people be?" I asked him with full interest.

"Kathlyn, Curtis, Ellie..." He paused for a bit "And Tessia."

"She's alive!?" I exclaimed in joy.

"Yes, but she's not exactly on her optimal condition as we speak."

"And what will be the main goal of our small section, Squad Leader Arthur?" I asked him playfully, giggling at the fact that I called him with a title.