Operation Javelin II

||Amarok||

"I hope he will." The young lance tersely replied to me.

 His power is not one to be underestimated, was that his full strength, or was that a part of it? If so for the latter, then I couldn't imagine how strong he is when he unleashes every card he has.

"Wait, can I ask you something?" I quickly asked him before he disappears into the portal.

"Sure." 

"What was I lacking, when we fought. Please be honest." There is no such thing as pride in battle, this was taught very well by us. Despite the various techniques, I was taught and the masters I have come to train with, I feel like I could grow even stronger if I am at his tutelage.

"It's not what you lacked, your skills are admirable and your strength can place anyone on the edge," His light compliment made me perk my face up " I respect that you held some of your techniques back and didn't intend to kill me."

"You read me like an open book," I admitted in defeat.

"But how well will you fight, when your life depends on it?" His cold voice asked me.

"Looking at a mirror does not mean being able to see oneself," I replied to him.

"Wise words, I'll be sure to contact you soon. I hope our relationship stays friendly." He smiled before stretching out his hand to me, I nodded in reply and grabbed his hand which pulled me up to a stand.

"I do hope so, the structure of the great eight has shaped in the past decades and has become more of a power of influence and less of power of strength times do change. With your help, the Saragnayan Clan will rise again, and as we say in our clan 'Good hunting', our lord will surely watch you from above." I finished our meeting with a monologue and a bow.

The shade of darkness consumed my body and I quickly sank back to the shadows of the night, but not before I see the young lance disappear as he walked into the portal behind him.

The lord must act carefully, unlike Kezess who sees him as a weapon. We must see him as a mutual partner, the way mana acts towards him is frightening, it's as if he was their king, and they were his loyal servants.

||Curtis Glayder||

"Are all ready?" I asked my comrades as they all line up, all set and prepped, and waiting for Arthur.

"We are." They replied in unison, now it's only Arthur, who's missing.

"Am I late?" A familiar voice sent a chill down my spine, his control over mana is scary I wasn't able to sense him at all.

"N-no, just in time." I quickly replied recomposing myself.

"So, you all are here now." We quickly turned and saluted at Lance Varay.

She tersely nodded and we dropped our right arms.

"It's great to see you again, Code Zero." Arthur playful said before shaking her hand.

"Please, with the nicknames." Her expressionless voice had a tingle of embarrassment.

"It's nice to see you, Kathlyn." She stepped up and hugged my sister tightly, almost lifting her from her feet.

"Likewise, master," Kathlyn replied with her warm hug.

"So you're all here! HAHA, Arthur Leywin in the flesh!" We turn yet again and see the Supreme General with his wholehearted laugh.

"A pleasure to meet you again." Arthur smiled as he pulled the general to a hug.

"You're all looking fine and dandy as young lads. Hope you can keep up with an old man like me."

"We'll try, general," I replied with a light chuckle.