Chapter 3

Tom's Pov

I brush Chrissy's hair then pull it up into a ponytail. I've gotten pretty good at this now. Not gonna lie, I'm fucking beast at hair!

Chrissy smiles and we walk downstairs to eat. Jordan made waffles today. Interesting.

Time Skip

We walk into Martha's house silently. "Hi Chrissy. Please all of you sit down." Martha says eyeing me.

"Chrissy all you need to do is sit real still for me. Okay?" Martha says real softly.

"Okay." Chrissy says taking Martha's hands. They both take a deep breath and Martha closes her eyes.

Martha pulls away. She looks like she could cry. "Its not a medical condition. Only Dianite can explain." Martha chokes out.

"Martha please! Just tell us something! Anything!" I plead Steve joins us.

"Miss. Chrissy I believe I've got some cows and sheeps that need names." He says his Australian accent ringing out.

"Can I go?" Chrissy asks. "Sure." Jordan says and she skipps off with Steve.

After we hear the door click shut, Martha continues.

"All I can tell you Tom is that Ianite is right about Chrissy. One fit could take down all of Dagrun. You must have faith in Dianite. That he will come and set things right." She pauses and moves her focus to Jordan.

"Jordan you must believe in my mom. Especially when Dianite returns. You must be patient and gently. I know you've tried real hard to keep the whole Spark thing down. But you need to be her Spark. And Tom's gonna be okay with that for the sake of Chrissy and this town." Martha says

"No. Fuck you and Ianite, and this town." I say and be for I can leave Jordan grabs my arm.

"Tom do you want to know why that letter wasn't addressed to you? Don't you long to know why he told Jordan he wants to talk to him?" Martha dangles my sanity over my head like its a toy. I stay silent.

"That's what I thought. Now you two gav to keep Chrissy calm. She's gonna start growing, rapidly. Its gonna scare her but its up to the two of you to keep her calm and safe." Martha starts shooing us out.

Once we are both all the way out of her house she yells, "Don't let the dark lord down!"

Jordan takes my hand, knowing it'll calm me down. "Hey Steve do you know if Andor's busy today?" Jordan asks.

"No mate he's not busy."

"You think he'll watch Chrissy for a bit? So Tom and I can have some time." Jordan squeezes my hand. I look over at Steve's barn, Chrissy is sitting on the edge of a pin.

She's just about the prettiest little girl I've ever seen.

Long dark brown hair that waves. She looks much like Ianite. Or her body shape at least. Petite, Chrissy's about three inches shorter then everyone else in her sing group. Jordan and I homeschool her so we didn't have to worry about kids like Maddi saying things to her.

Chrissy runs over and I glance over at Jordan.

"Hey do you wanna go see Andor today? So me and Tom can have some time?" Jordan asks. He's always been striaght to the point with Chrissy. I honor him for that.

"Sure."

Time Skip

I've held together all afternoon. Now that its just me and Jordan I break down.

Jordan's Pov

I pull Tom into my arms as he sobs. He's trying to talk but I only get bits and pieces.

"Scared......confused....." I run my hand up and down his back trying to calm him down.

I trust in Martha's directions, and I'm thankful for her warning.

Its different with Tom. He just wants Dianite to come and clear everything up. Like he said he would.

But I have a strong feeling we're about to learn things are a lot easier said, than done.