Chapter 8

Jordan's Pov

Chrissy is sat in the far corner of her room. She's staring at the center of the room.

"Tell me you see it too." She says and I look to Tom.

"No Chrissy I can't say that we see anything." He says scratching his head in a attractive manner.

Chrissy's Pov

The little girl who got shot is staring at me. A nuse held in her hand.

The rooms full of light but for some reason she still has a shadow.

Tom's Pov

"Call Andor." I instruct. Damn those are words I never thought I'd say.

"Chrissy? Can you hear me?" I sit next to her but she doesn't seem to be able to respond.

Then disaster strikes. Chrissy's eyes start to roll and within a matter of seconds she's unconscious, or I think she is at least.

Chrissy's Pov

I feel hands swop around me. "Chrissy?! Stay with me." DadT pleads and I try to keep my eyes open.

"Screw Andor we're going straight to Martha's!" He yells. Its becoming harder to stay conscious.

"Chrissy." The unpleasant voice hisses in my head. Then I hear a little girl crying. Seconds after a gun shot.

I don't know what's real or what's fake at this point. I let the unconsciousness surround me.

Tom's Pov

Jordan speeds as fast as possible to Martha's house.

I feel Chrissy start trembling before letting out another scream.

"Jordan hurry!" I panic even though its obvious he's doing as good as he possibly can.

Chrissy continues to scream. Its almost as if she's in pain.

We rush into Martha's house. Martha and Steve were in the middle of what looked like a really passionate make out session.

Martha quickly got right to Chrissy. Dec soon showed up as well. I'm sure he knows about Chrissy being Dianite's daughter.

"Its the gods. Their fighting." Dec chokes out as Martha desperately tries to help Chrissy.

"What do you mean?!" I only get ignored. *sigh* Is this how Wag feels?

"Jordan where's Ianite?" Dec asks and I see Jordan's face fill with concern.

"One job Jordan! The violence is what is causing Chrissy to fit like this."

Ianite's Pov

I use every bit of energy left in me to get to Dianite's temple.

Its empty! I drag myself up Dianite's throne and climb into the seat.

Pain fills me entirely. Tears start running down my face faster and faster.

I can't restore the balance between the two men. Every time I do it only seems to make Mianite rage more.

A heat rushes over everything and the pain starts to ease.

"Ianite?! Why are you here, and not in the end?" Dianite asks. I'm to panicked to speak.

"I came as soon as the pain..." My voice seems to have left me.

I feel Dianite take me in his arms and start walking.

"Where are we going?" I ask only to feel him sigh.

"To the end."

Jordan's Pov

Dec and I rush to the end. My heart stops when I see a trail of nether rack leading up to Ianite's temple.

"He wouldn't hurt her. Not anymore than he already has." Dec preaches as we walk.

We follow the trail up into Ianite's room. I've never entered and I hoped I never would have a reason to. But now I don't really have a choice.

Ianite's fast asleep. Its quite obvious that someone laid next to her. And from the trail of nether rack, I'm betting my money on Dianite.

Tom's Pov

Chrissy is sound asleep in my arms. Martha and Steve won't let us leave.

They're scared if anything happens we won't be prepared.

"You realize if you two would've took her to the hospital her secret would be no more." Martha snaps and I roll my eyes.

"Shouldn't you be more worried about your mom?" I ask. Steve gives me a disapproving look.

"I don't want to talk, or even think about, about her." Martha snaps.

"Are you upset about...."

"SYNDY!" Steve yells which causes me to shut up.

"I don't know how long we can let Chrissy know about her dad." Martha says tears in her eyes.

"What's wrong with her knowing?"

"These little attacks she has. Chrissy won't understand that Dianite doesn't mean to cause it. She'll begin to hate him. I fear to the point she'll strike him dead." Martha pauses.

*sigh* "Yes Thomas I am angry at my mother for having a affair with Dianite. But he is part of the scale. Without him that makes Ianite useless......" Jordan walks in looking very unpleased.

"Lets go." He snaps before giving Martha a look that could kill.

"Jordan what's wrong?" Steve asks on Martha's behalf.

"I heard everything and if you think we're letting you brainwash Chrissy. Think again." I've never herd Jordan so mad, ever.

"Jor....."

"Didn't you see what that did to Andor?! I get you're angry and hurt. So am I! But I'm not about to let that happen."

Jordan and I leave at that. His hand is rested gently on my lower back.

I