Chapter 48

Tom's Pov

"Syndy are you sure you'll be okay?" Steve asks for about the thousandth time.

"I'll be fine. You two go enjoy the photo shoot." I say and Martha gives me a sad smile. I see her and Wag exchange glances.
"I'll stay and take care of him." Is all he says. The two walk out, Martha looks back just before the door closes.

Wag looks like he's gonna cry. "Wag you ok?" I ask and he sits next to me on the couch.

"I love her Tom. Watching all this play out..." Wag begins to sob. The way I did when he left me. I thought Wag was gay! I mean he could be bi but I would've never expected it from him.

"Tom when you have the power to live forever you're going to try other things. I've been with Witches, Wizards, Mortals both male and female." I'm not sure why but I feel angry to his comment.

"So I was just a game to you!" I didn't mean to shout but I did.

"Tom don't think of it like that. I really did love you."

"No apparently you didn't. I know I loved you with everything I had in me."

"And yet you moved on! Why can't I! Why can't you accept my heartbreak and let me mourn!" Wag yells.

"Because I'm not gonna let you be a tramp James! She's engaged! Leave her alone!"

"She's not happy with him!" Wag's crying again.

"If you mess this up I will kill you and....."

Jordan's Pov

I hold my knees to my chest and squeeze my eyes shut.

Flashbacks of Ianite and I kissing won't seem to go away.

Then a more horrible image appears. My sword held to Tom's neck.

Tom's eyes full of tears and mine a furious purple.

"Hey shhh calm down." Martha coos. I open my eyes and she's sat in front of me.

She's all dolled up! Fully done makeup complete with red lipstick.

"There you go." I tense up as she takes my hand.

"Can you....sing...." she nods and begins to hum the beginning to a song I know all to well.

"When all the world is a hopeless jumble, and the raindrops tumble all around.
Heaven opens up a magic lane.

When all the clouds darken up the skyway, there's a rainbow highway to be found. Leading from your windowpane.

To a place behind the sun, just a step beyond the rain.

Somewhere over the rainbow way up high there's a land that I've herd of once in a lullaby.

Somewhere......"

Martha begins to cry but doesn't stop singing.

"Over the rainbow the skies are blue and the dreams that you dare to dream really come true.

Someday I'll wish upon a star and wake up where the clouds are for behind me.

Where troubles melt like Lemmon drops away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me.

Somewhere over the rainbow blue birds fly. Birds fly over the rainbow why then oh why can't I?

If happy little blue birds fly beyond the rainbow why oh why can't I?"

I pull Martha into my arms and we both sob.

"Thank you." I say and rub her back. "Jordan I- what if I don't love Steve. What if I love someone else! What if he's not the one." Martha sobs. I had these feelings before Tom and my's wedding. But what if she's right.

"Martha why are you questioning yourself?" I try to stop my tears but they battle against me.

"Waggles, he called me beautiful last night. Steve was there so for Waggles' well being I just smiled then kissed Steve's cheek. I saw him from it was like watching Andor mourn all over again." Martha buries her head deeper into my chest.

"Martha its all gonna be okay. May I ask why you were all dolled up?" I hold her gently. I feel like if I held her to tightly she'd shatter.

"Steve and I had engagement photos. Jordan you're not crazy why are you here?" Martha pulls away from me.

Ianite's Pov

Spark holds me closely as I cry. I know it angers Spark that I care so much but I do!

Jordan isn't crazy. He's just scared of himself.

"My Lady." Waglington says from behind Spark and I. He's wearing his red cloak the hood covering his face.

"Tom sent me with this. Jordan said to give it to Spark. Also have you seen Martha?" The young wizard asks quickly.

Spark pulls away from me and takes the piece of paper from the young wizard.

Spark's eyes widen but he quickly tucks the paper away.

"Waggles *sniffle*" its Martha. "Please get back to Tom. He's really upset." Waglington and Martha walks off side by side.

I can see a pick tent forming around them both, love.

Martha's Pov

Wag leads me into a forest. He seems to know my odd obsession with them.

"Martha I'm not sure how to say this." His back is turned to me. My stomach turns as he turns and pulls me close to him.

"I love you Martha."

Tom's Pov

My eyes widen as I watch Wag and Martha from up top of a tree.

"Waggles I-I love you too. Jordan helped me realize that today." She saw Jordan! Why can she and I can't?!?!

"Sparklez the love expert huh." Wag's hands find their way to Martha's lower back.

Martha looks fascinated by Wag. She stares into his glooming red eyes.

"Why must you wear that hood wizard? You're quite handsome." Martha sounds so happy! Could Wag have been right?

"Why must you wear that ring, my goddess." Martha frowns as the words leave Wag's mouth.

She quickly smiles again as Wag twirls them around. He was NEVER this romantic with me.

"Kiss me wizard." Martha speaks softly but not soft enough.

Wag kisses Martha passionately. If Steve finds out about this! He'll kill Wag! I know he will!

Martha pulls away, even she has to breathe.

"I'd better get home before Steve comes looking." She frowns and looks down at her and Wag's intertwined hands.

"One more kiss my goddess." Wag flirts causing Martha to blush.

Martha stands on her tiptoes to kiss Wag. Martha releases Wag's hand and runs off the opposite direction from him.

Wag sighs before teleporting off. Oh how I miss Jordan.