Chapter 4

Tom's Pov

I wake up alone. I panic but quickly calm down after hearing Jordan talking to Chrissy.

I look at the clock amd it reads 3 a.m. Why is Chrissy up?

I walk across the hall into Chrissy's room and Jordan's holding her hair back as she vomits into a big metal pan.

Oh shit. I thought diapers where bad! What am I gonna do about puke!

"Tom can you run into town and get popsicles?" Jordan asks. I gladly leave them at that.

Jordan's Pov

Chrissy sits up just a bit and wipes her mouth.

She starts to cry, that's only gonna mark her sicker.

"Hey shhh it's okay! Crying isn't gonna help you." I say quitely.

She calms down a bit but that calmness only last so long.

The poor child starts vomiting up water, because there's nothing left for her to vomit up.

She hasn't seemed to have hit her 'growth spurt' yet.

Tom's Pov

I speed all the way home. When I arrive, with the popsicles, Andor is here.

My stomach knots. I still don't trust him. With Jordan that is.

I walk in and Chrissy is covered up on the couch. She's lost all the color in her face.

"They gotta refreeze" I say tossing the box of popsicles to Jordan. He puts them in the freezer then looks over at Chrissy.

"You think its just a bug?" He asks pulling me close.

Justice is sitting at Chrissy's feet. Her hand rests gently on its head.

"Probably. Wasn't Sonja sick not to long ago?" I ask,

"Yeah but she recovered quickly. Tucker didn't say it was anything like this." Jordan protests.

"Any day now Tom. He's getting stronger." Andor says then leaves. Was he referring to Dianite? Cause I could care less at the moment.

I've never seen Chrissy so still and quiet. I wish I could be sick instead of her.

I move away from Jordan, move the puppy in my lap, and gently stroke Chrissy's hand.

"Get some sleep baby girl." I whisper, rubbing slow circles on the back of her palm.

Time Skip 6:50 A.M

Jordan's Pov

I feel Tom jolt up out of bed. "Tom? You....." my voice stops as he runs to the bathroom.

"Its a bug!" I hear him yell. Poor Tom. I look over the balcony, that over looks our living room and kitchen, and Chrissy is still sound asleep.

I walk back into our room and Tom still isn't back.

I hope he's okay. Our life hasn't been all that great these past few months.

Tom walks back in and sits on the edge of the bed. I move to where I'm sitting next to him.

"You okay babe?" I ask, its clear he feels like shit. Tom only shakes his head.

"I wouldn't get to close." He warns. I sigh because he's right. I need to doctor him and Chrissy.

"Lay down." I instruct and he obeys. I bring Tom a empty trash can and a popsicle.

"Can you hand me the remote?" He asks after I kiss his forehead. I hand him the remote and head down to see Chrissy.

"I don't wanna go today." She says quietly. "I wasn't gonna make you go. You never half to go." I say petting the side of her head.

I turn on the TV and the movie "Brave" is playing.

"Can I have a popsicle?" Chrissy asks, I get up and get her one.

This is gonna be a really long day. "Cinderlle!" Tom yells and rings a little bell. Where the hell did he get that?!

I walk upstairs and Tom has a godfy grin across his face.

"What?" I try not to sound too purgeturbed but I fail.

"I just wanted to see if you'd respond to that! You mad?" Tom's trying real hard not to laugh. "Yes." I know what he's about to say.

"Why you gotta be mad it is....." I join in,

"It is only game." We say in unison. We both laugh, maybe this day won't be as bad as I expected.