Chapter 59

Jack's Pov

I toss my knife and it hits the center of the target Jordan sat up for me.

I toss another it does the same. Any hunter would kill for the opportunities I've had.

I mean training with one of the best, if not the best, is a pretty big deal.

But it sucks. Knowing I love him and that he'll never love me back.

A part of me wishes I would've let my brother kill Tom. The other knows it would've killed Jordan too.

I chunk a knife letting all my anger out. It hits the center.

"Nice one kiddo." Spark says as he grabs a bow.

"Where's Jordan?" I ask turning to face Spark.

"He and Tom are playing catchup with eachother so I'm here." Spark replies innocently.

"He never gives me breaks but when he-"

"Hey Jack. Sorry I was late." Jordan says with a smile. A not so happy looking Tom stands behind him.

"Oh uh hi." I say shyly. "I didn't known I was gonna be observed today."

"I'm not observing. I'm your first test." Tom says harshly.

"Don't actually hurt each other please." Jordan says harshly.

I put my weapons aside because that wouldn't be fair.

I'm not gonna hit first. I'm not like that. Tom's a mortal easily damaged.

Jordan's Pov

"Wrong!" I yell as Jack stands waiting for Tom to strike first.

I step into the ring and place my hand on Tom's shoulder.

"You're bony Jack. You don't have much muscle. You have a better chance at winning if you-"

"This is stupid Jordan. I'm not fighting your mortal boyfriend." Jack says clearly frustrated.

"Correction. Husband. Mortal husband." Tom says and I feel gentle hands pull me back.

Jack lunges at Tom and instantly pins him to the ground.

Ianite has a strong grip on my arm. I let my arm snake around her waist, allowing her to lean on me for support.

Jack's hands are clung around Tom's throat. "Let me go....scrawny-"

"I don't see a ring on your finger Thomas!" Jack yells and applies more force.

"Jack stop." I order and Jack obeys. Jack turns his back to Tom. I catch Tom by the hem of his shirt.

"Jordan can I talk to you. Alone?" Jack asks

"No." Ianite answers for me. "Yes." Spark tends to Ianite and Tom just glares at me as he follows them back into the fortress.

Before I ask Jack anything his lips are on mine. I find myself kissing back.

Jack pulls away and I see his eyes fill with tears.

"Jack don't." I say as he turns away from me. I can see his shoulders trembling.

"Leave me alone." Jack mumbles. I hate seeing him like this.

I reach out to touch his shoulder, but he quickly slaps my hand away.

"Stop!" Jack yells causing Tom to run in. "Jack calm down." I say but this only makes him worse.

"Maybe I really am a tramp. God Jordan I'm so sorry. Its all true and you've waisted so much time on me."

"Jack stop. You didn't mean it." I say and glance over at Tom.

"Didn't mean what?" Tom asks angerily.

"I'm leaving Tom don't even worry about it" Jack says before I can answer.

"Where do you have to go Jack?" Spark asks. He isn't gonna help him any!

"Home. They can do what they must with me. I don't c-"

"Don't you dare say that." My eyes fill with tears. Jack is so talented he has so much ahead of him.

"What's the worst they can do Jordan? Inject me with demon blood make me into a thing like Blaze."

"Blaze doesn't have demon blood in him!" Tom yells. I'm not sure who's side to take. Jack's or Tom's. I care deeply about them both.

"We-I. Don't go." I can't find the right words to say. I just can't.

"You've got so much talent and smarts. Please just finish training before you go off and do anything stupid." I say and Jack just nods.

"I'm staying with your wizard friend." He mumbles before leaving the room.

"He k-"

There's a muffled cry from somewhere in the fortress.

Ianite! I take off towards the sound of the cries.

Ianite is sat against the wall. She's trembling.

"What's wrong?" I ask forgetting about Tom for a bit.

"It hurts." Ianite whispers breathlessly. "The balance.....M-mot...." her eyes begin to roll.

Spark moves me out of the way and sits in front of half conscious Ianite.

Tom holds me close to him. "We gotta go see Mot." Spark mumbles. I can tell he's crying.

I can feel a breakdown coming. "Jordan don't. We need you to stay strong. She needs it." Spark says unconscious Ianite in his arms.

She looks so little so fragile. What are we gonna do without her.

"Jordan snap out of it!" Tom snaps his fingers in front of my eyes.

"You two to the nether now." Spark orders. I grab Tom's hand and run him to the training arena.

"Only attack if you're attacked first." I say my hands trembling as I attempt to load Tom with daggers.

He stops me from putting one in his belt loop. "Its gonna be okay. Ianite's a strong woman she'll pull through." Tom says then kisses me.

"Dad lets go!" Anastasia yells and I stick the blade into his belt loop.

Anastasia leads Tom and I to the portal room. "Did Spark tell you to come?" I ask Anastasia. Her dark brown eyes soften a bit.

"No. I came because we're a team. More than anything we're family. I wasn't gonna let you go alone." I feel my eyes swell with tears.

"You sound just like your mother." I say in responce. "Lets go." We all step into the portal together.

"More than anything we're a family."

"She'll pull through"

I let the encouraging words fill my thoughts entirely. Shits about to go down. I can feel it.